COVID- 19

Site Admin

Re: COVID- 19

25 Sep 2020 19:16 pm:

I think I would have copied and pasted from the Aussies..

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-a ... travellers

Plus many states make you pay for the cost of quarantine (about $3000)

Clear cut policy, enforced.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2020 08:28 am:

Lock up the healthy expose the vulnerable. The stats show that nearly half of all infections week 37 were from care homes. The challenge is how we protect care homes, while this passes through. Before you moan at me about herd immunity, read the recent report that the lockdown will cause 75000 non covid deaths. We understood the need for a lockdown, there is no need for another other than a good plan to protect the most vulnerable.
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2020 13:23 pm:

When was week 37?

Is that correct - we are still having lots of infections in care homes?
Hall of Famer

26 Sep 2020 20:04 pm:

Steckers, according to the Public Heath England website, for the week up to 13th Sept 45% infections were in Care Homes, about 25% in Education (before most Uni's were back) and 12% at work (approx figs from memory). That was why Tim Martin was moaning about pubs/restaurants having to shut at 10pm - hospitality is very low compared to other sources of infection.

lovejoy wrote:Also we should test people coming into the country at airports and if they have the infection they should have to isolate immediately.

And they should be 'policed' to make sure they don't leave self isolation until they're clear.

GM, there is a reason we are top of all the worst performance leagues in Europe - despite having longer to formulate a response.
Hall of Famer

30 Sep 2020 18:20 pm:

Well I've given up hope on this nation

The winter of discontent begins - I think I may emigrate to Sweden or Japan

Before some wally talks about vaccines, the Oxford trials are not the great hope https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/19/heal ... rints.html
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 07:53 am:

Think Trump is being exceptionally selfish releasing himself from the hospital after only a few days - now infecting everyone else nearby. Reporter this morning said about his motorcase: what better place to share the virus than in a hermetically sealed car!!!! Man is dangerous!
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
On the board

05 Oct 2020 13:55 pm:

It's being reported that 16,000 cases were under reported because of a spreadsheet error and these cases weren't followed up by track and trace.

It's terribly unhelpful people pointing this out and they aren't pulling together. We should just leave our superiors to get on with things, unencumbered by responsibility or competence. How else will we have such a world beating system with the best person for the job, Dido, at the helm.
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 18:30 pm:

Fair enough Lovejoy. Bit lenient of you !!

I don't think anyone at all is suggesting that this massive IT glitch (by PHE's software people) is ignored and/or condoned. The day-to-day figures will look odd BUT the average will balance out. IT issues inevitably happen across many, many businesses. All unintentional as well.

What is worrying is that cases/hospitalisations/deaths are all rising but neither of the latter on the same scale as cases Thank God. Same is essentially being replicated around the globe.

Or is that global situation IYO the sole fault of BJ and Dido Harding ?? What a wonderfully perfect world it would be with you in charge never making a mistake and controlling a global pandemic. :roll:

Suggest solutions don't simply criticise and carp from the sidelines...........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Oct 2020 18:39 pm:

That is not an IT glitch, it's a schoolboy error.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
On the board

05 Oct 2020 22:38 pm:

Come on Sir Henry, it’s those types of criticisms which got us here in the first place. Positive congratulations to the team and we will soon see the back of this situation. Our response is WORLD BEATING.
Previous

Return to COVID-19 Support