COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

16 Sep 2020 14:25 pm:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:Richard E Grant, you name dropper ;)

Nearly.....but I saw that tweet...and sent a message about midday and got the same response.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

19 Sep 2020 21:37 pm:

A person I know has just trained up to be a 119 test request operator. now here's the issue. That person is getting calls non stop, asks a list of questions and then after all that, has to tell the caller that there are NO Test slots available. That is a disgrace.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 09:50 am:

Lots of independent schools have arranged/bought in Covid testing for their pupils. Apparently, they identified September with returning kids + office workers as being a crisis point for testing and their ability to continue to function properly. Astounding isn't it that the same level of intelligence/preparation seems beyond the nous of anyone in government and their useful idiot Dido Harding who the other day complained that no-one could have foreseen this upsurge in demand for tests!
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 13:23 pm:

Lucifer - I had pledged to avoid this thread as it's become something quite ridiculous.

However, as someone who works in education and knows the independent sector quite well - I can assure you that your post is way off the mark. At least in terms of it's conclusion which you so clearly reach to suit your own political agenda.

Look, there are people dying and many seriously ill. Plus people out of work, suffering mental health problems etc. The list goes on. Don't use this pandemic in this way.

There are plenty of things to criticise this government on - perhaps just use better judgement.
On the board

21 Sep 2020 14:14 pm:

steckers wrote:Lucifer - I had pledged to avoid this thread as it's become something quite ridiculous.

However, as someone who works in education and knows the independent sector quite well - I can assure you that your post is way off the mark. At least in terms of it's conclusion which you so clearly reach to suit your own political agenda.

Look, there are people dying and many seriously ill. Plus people out of work, suffering mental health problems etc. The list goes on. Don't use this pandemic in this way.

There are plenty of things to criticise this government on - perhaps just use better judgement.

Which part of his post is ridiculous?
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 14:29 pm:

Lovejoy - why do you think independent schools would have a particular interest in turning around testing as quickly as possible?

Of course, we all want that. But any reasonable person would understand that tests and human capacity is finite.

I personally bought a private test for my mother's live-in carer. Not because of any failing in the UK government - but because it was in my personal interest to do it as quickly as possible.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 21:42 pm:

Steckers, I didn't think there was anything remotely controversial about my post. Independents (or many of them) can afford to arrange for their pupils and staff to be tested unlike the state sector with their measly allocation of 10 tests per school. However they are only spending this money because they were certain they would need them come September (and to be fair to these schools, some have allowed local state schools use of the facilities), ie they had the nous to realise in August what the incompetents in government and the head of the (non functional) track and trace system failed to do, that there would be a spike in infections and a concomitant surge in demand for tests come the return of schools and office workers and the effect of people doing what the government advised, eating out to help out and returning to the Hight Streets. The government have had all summer to develop an adequate testing systems for infection and lab facilities but failed to get beyond Johnson's pie in the sky 'operation moonshot', announced, ironically, just before the shxt hit the fan. Maybe if their ideological abhorrence to the public sector which caused them to deliver the test/trace/labs system into the hands of their private sector cronies, friends and donors with little to no experience of public health, rather than utilising the regional public sector health facilities, like Germany for instance, we would have a sensible system in place and not be looking at another imminent lockdown.
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 21:46 pm:

And Steckers, please feel free to point out any errors/ridiculousness in my post.

21 Sep 2020 22:07 pm:

And the world beating Track & trace App won't be able to contact trace :roll:
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

21 Sep 2020 23:05 pm:

What a pity that a really important Topic has simply become another drum-beating political platform for a number of ageing militants.

A pity........and a yawn. :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support