COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

19 Nov 2020 23:54 pm:

I see that Wuhan have launched a campaign to get the tourists back. Although it started there in Dec19, they've had no cases since May20. So based on: 1. Italian scientists reckon it appeared in Italy around Sep19 and 2. To date China has a total of 86,381 "reported" cases and a total of 4634 "reported" C-19 deaths, would you accept a free all expenses paid trip there? NOTE: Wuhan had, in 2018, a population of 11.08 Million & is the 9th most populous City in China.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 13:41 pm:

I see the rules have been relaxed over Christmas and so any pretence of following the science has gone out of the window (some would argue it went ages ago/never existed) sacrificed by a populist PM making populist decisions.

I was happy to have a low key family christmas in order to protect loved ones and avoid a third peak but why bother, the decisions of the selfish impact us all unfortunately. (I will still have a quiet christmas by the way).

The only rationale for the prolonged relaxation of the rules over christmas was that perhaps people would have broken them anyway but if this is the case we have given in to the selfish.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 14:08 pm:

Lovejoy people are not selfish for wanting to spend time with their families and friends, we can't lose our humanity and what makes being a human worthwhile and replace it with risk avoidance
Hall of Famer
Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!

25 Nov 2020 15:49 pm:

Have Granny round for Christmas, go to her funeral in January.

OK, a bit melodramatic, but surely if the tier system is necessary on December 22nd and December 28th, it is from the 23rd to 27th also.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 16:00 pm:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't......... :roll: :roll:

Keep an eye open for the behaviour of the great British public during Christmas period and wonder how it would be to "manage them" ?? They no-doubt will be the first to point the finger of blame at BJ when Grandma dies......... :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 18:09 pm:

Any news of that independent report into the government's handling of the pandemic yet? Thought not, wonder why.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 19:46 pm:

remember it is all 4 countries that have agreed to the Xmas "lapse" not just BJ and England ...
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2020 20:05 pm:

Don't let the truth get in the way of blaming one bloke !! :roll: :roll:

Amazing that for some people England is the only country in the world where Covid should be blamed on politicians. Yawn-making if it weren't for the tragedy of so many dying globally.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

26 Nov 2020 10:18 am:

The decision for large gatherings over Christmas is clearly a political one and is against the science and common sense. If it isn't the PM responsible for this decision, who is?
Hall of Famer

26 Nov 2020 10:40 am:

I expect, for GM, the buck stops with Gordon Brown in 2010.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support