COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

21 Jan 2021 14:44 pm:

steckers wrote:Sigh. As explained - they don't have enough vaccine to do it any earlier.

If they hit the target (which was very ambitious) by mid Feb - I expect posts from RTS, Lucifer and Lovejoy all recognising the achievement. If you have any integrity, it should go both ways.

I suspect they won't be able to 100% achieve the target due to a percentage declining to take the vaccine.

What we really need is Wales and Scotland to pick up the pace.

I agree, but if they lie about it like they did with testing capacity the "blue ribbon is my team come what may" brigade should recognise they are liars.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 14:56 pm:

Politicians - liars? Whatever next.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 19:14 pm:

steckers wrote:
What we really need is Wales and Scotland to pick up the pace.

I don't think it's a case of them slacking Steckers, they haven't been given enough vaccines. Obviously the logistics are proving more difficult than the government anticipated but that's true whatever measure they've introduced. To be fair they're making a decent stab of it so far, but why oh why keep making promises they aren't confident of delivering?
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 19:18 pm:

Stecks;

I was against production of it before the tests were completed for a number of reasons . As it happens, there is no evidence that any stock piling of what would have ( at the time of my comment on the subject ) been an untested and moreover unapproved vaccine were made.

I was not against the production infrastructure being equipped to ensure the number of vaccinations to be produced would at the very least equate to the promises made by the Govt. These are two very different things. I don't think anyone on the thread has made any negative statements or criticism about the vaccinations per se .

The logistics and production are not the same as the vaccination !!.

IF the now stated target of half a million administered vaccinations a week is achieved we will all be delighted.

Lets see the first target of 14 million by mid-February achieved first .

The biggest concern other than achieving this roll -out target it the efficacy of a single jab in the first three months. This must be re-evaluated and I somehow think that that strategy may change . IF it is deemed as not necessary , then fine as long as it doesn't back-fire. No one wants to see that happen.

Interesting statement by the Home Secretary about those not abiding to the rules being akin to those leaving their curtains open during the blitz !.

Whilst I am sure most of us would agree with the spirit of the analogy; it does beg the question why she didn't add that leaving our borders open to the unchecked invaders for 10 months is rather like letting the enemy in through the back gate when everyone is sleeping......
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 19:52 pm:

No - you said it was a massive waste of money to manufacture them before we knew if they worked. Nothing wrong with saying you got it wrong.

Lucifer - make no mistake, Wales are going very slow and Drakeford is getting a lot of grief. Scotland are also going slow but perhaps understandably as they are getting all the care homes done first. They take longer.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 20:41 pm:

Anyone heard anymore about the clinical trial programme to assess the safety and immunogenicity of a combination of the Astra Zeneca and the Sutnik V vaccines ?.

Interesting that Hungary have now approved both vaccines.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 20:47 pm:

Stecks of course ( for one point ) it would have been a waste of money to produce a stockpile of a vaccine until it was tested !!.

That is one of the reasons why it wasn't !.

Getting the infrastructure ready to produce it in the numbers that are required however would not have been.

IMO the production should in effect be state -controlled and treated as a wartime measure. Astra Zeneca have always maintained that it would be sold at cost . Government financial input therefore entirely ethical in the circumstances and to be encouraged.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 20:58 pm:

Bl00dy hell RTS/Andy you don't half bang-on like a complete know-all. Please let me know post-Lockdown if you're ever going to be in the Dursley vicinity or travelling on public transport so I can fully hide at home and avoid your relentless droning-on.

IF there is a Mrs RTS2 please pass on my condolences to her when you spare her some of your infinite wisdom. ;)

My guess is most of your valuable time is spent advising SAGE/WHO/UN/NATO/all London cabbies + LB............
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 20:59 pm:

For someone who seems to read every article going you seem to have missed this one...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ctory.html

You clearly haven't noticed that we have a lot more vaccine than most other nations. Perhaps it doesn't fit your narrative.

On another subject - the Imperial College vaccine has been very quiet for a long time. I wonder if things aren't going well.
Hall of Famer

21 Jan 2021 21:37 pm:

John

:lol:
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support