COVID- 19

Hall of Famer
Posts: 2335

Re: COVID- 19

22 Oct 2021 20:17 pm:

I'm a major supporter of lockdowns to save hundreds of thousands of lives The Vic, when there are no other options. We now have options so my views have changed. Everyone over the age of 16 has been offered a jab, although a bit slow with the under 16s.

I do wonder sometimes how many of the over 75s who haven't had the jab have been advised not to by a close family relation? Cynical, moi?
On the board
Posts: 933

Re: COVID- 19

22 Oct 2021 20:54 pm:

tigerchef wrote:I'm a major supporter of lockdowns to save hundreds of thousands of lives The Vic, when there are no other options. We now have options so my views have changed. Everyone over the age of 16 has been offered a jab, although a bit slow with the under 16s.

I do wonder sometimes how many of the over 75s who haven't had the jab have been advised not to by a close family relation? Cynical, moi?


Nuttier and nuttier

Hundreds of thoudands of lives?
Barely 1000 have died of this flu bug - all the rest had it on their Death Certificates as an adendum to their existing health issues by Govt edict
Jeez


Easier to fool a population than for them to accept they've been fooled
Site Admin
Posts: 1494

Re: COVID- 19

22 Oct 2021 21:09 pm:

00F8EA34-668E-40CD-8EAB-D6A7880A362A.png
00F8EA34-668E-40CD-8EAB-D6A7880A362A.png (290.17 KiB) Viewed 135 times
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hero in the making
Posts: 747

Re: COVID- 19

22 Oct 2021 21:29 pm:

Bod wrote:
Nuttier and nuttier

Hundreds of thoudands of liveIs?
Barely 1000 have died of this flu bug - all the rest had it on their Death Certificates as an adendum to their existing health issues by Govt edict
Jeez


Easier to fool a population than for them to accept they've been fooled


Which parallel universe do you inhabit, Bod? Where does the figure of "barely a thousand have died of this flu (sic) bug..." come from? Complete nonsense, on a par with the Trump playbook of "truth". Beggars belief. You are easily fooled, I fear.
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator
User avatar
Moderator
Posts: 7810
Location: Longlevens

Re: COVID- 19

22 Oct 2021 22:00 pm:

Bod: I suggest you stop reading facebook posts from Billy the expert scientist who works in a chippy and runs the conspiracies are us website, with his girlfriend Wanda. I can confirm, that no Microsoft logo appeared when I had both jabs. Info on the data changes for Death certificates from the BMJ is here: https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3220

Eeach country records the deaths differently: In France if you die of a Heart attack but had Covid, it's listed as Covid, but In Germany it's the other way round. ( or vice versa ).Te only "accurate " figure will be excess deaths. Don't forget those who died / will die because of Covid, like cancer patients who couldn't get treated because bed space was take up by covid patients.

Your Conspiracy theories should cease, as it's idiots like you, spouting crap, unproven claims, from god know where, that fuel fear of the vaccines etc. Go back to watching bleep Carlson and the rest of the loons on Fox. :x
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7651

Re: COVID- 19

24 Oct 2021 13:00 pm:

TheOptimistSenior wrote:
Bod wrote:
Nuttier and nuttier

Hundreds of thoudands of liveIs?
Barely 1000 have died of this flu bug - all the rest had it on their Death Certificates as an adendum to their existing health issues by Govt edict
Jeez


Easier to fool a population than for them to accept they've been fooled


Which parallel universe do you inhabit, Bod? Where does the figure of "barely a thousand have died of this flu (sic) bug..." come from? Complete nonsense, on a par with the Trump playbook of "truth". Beggars belief. You are easily fooled, I fear.


Bod. :shock:

This is not influenza.

Perhaps you are correct about the addendum fact, but where is the evidence for the 1000 that didn't have any other underlying illness and is there a caveat of " Known" ?. I admit it's not a statistic I have seen from any offical source. I am interested to see it.

As for the Virus , well who is to say that a significant % of those who( albeit having underlying health conditions ) have sadly passed away would not be here but for having caught it ?

Do you think we should just dismiss these lives as not attributable to the seriousness of Covid-19 ?. These deaths are actual statistics where Covid-19 was present , and if nothing else during the recording of the facts or the way in which this Government have handled the pandemic, then I do respect the accuracy of the reporting in referencing the virus on their death certificates.

It highlights how potentially deadly it is to the vulnerable. We as a society must look after them. The facts speak for themselves and we all have a moral ( if not in some cases legal ) duty of care not to ignore them. I am sure you would at least acknowledge this .
Last edited by RTS2 on 24 Oct 2021 13:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Posts: 7651

Re: COVID- 19

24 Oct 2021 13:14 pm:

I am anticipating you responding by saying these people would have been just as likely to die had they caught the flu. This cannot be proved or disproved. We have to deal with the facts as they are. I am genuinely interested to know if you have direct care for anyone vulnerable in your family ?.

I am not being at all judgmental here. I am simply wondering how you approach this on a practical level if you do ?.
On the board
Posts: 933

Re: COVID- 19

26 Oct 2021 21:33 pm:

RTS2 wrote:I am anticipating you responding by saying these people would have been just as likely to die had they caught the flu. This cannot be proved or disproved. We have to deal with the facts as they are. I am genuinely interested to know if you have direct care for anyone vulnerable in your family ?.

I am not being at all judgmental here. I am simply wondering how you approach this on a practical level if you do ?.


Indeed
I'm part of the care team that looks after my mother of 82 who has advanced MS.
She also served 28 years as a Nurse after arriving here on a boat with her family in 1956.
She's with full critical faculties. She finds these days totally bemusing. "Who came up with this daft idea that Nurses need clapping for doing their job?" was one comment from last year " We always ended up with the dirty jobs to do - don't clap them, just give them the equipment required to do the job - they'll get on with the rest of it"

She came from a family that expected nothing other than mutual support as a tight crew, and felt an obligation to give back the maximum to the country and communities that were their new home and gave them and their children (me included) every opportunity. Her younger brother was a Marine and flew helicoper that lifted dead and dying off of Galahad and Sheffield.

I give this information to allow context for my observations. The last 18 months has been more about the Public scrabbling to suck off the tit of the state and shake and shiver at the media driven fear-a-thon, rather than stand on their own feet and make the best of a bad job, encouraged by an invertabrate Govt.
The Govt narrative has been designed to enfeeble - and they have succeeded totally.

The flu would indeed have knocked over similar number, as always, if it hadn't miraculously disappeared last winter. Hey Presto! It's back.

How does that happen?

How many thousands didn't "die of Sepsis" in NHS care as normal?
On the board
Posts: 933

Re: COVID- 19

26 Oct 2021 21:42 pm:

Image
Hall of Famer
Posts: 1588

Re: COVID- 19

26 Oct 2021 21:50 pm:

:lol:
This is a wind up isn't it
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support