COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

15 Nov 2021 21:50 pm:

Lovejoy as you seemingly want to make this personal in attempt to humiliate me here is a direct quote from Prof Paul Hunter in the Guardian (which should be acceptable to the limited Indy Sage palette you ingest)

“As a disease approaches its endemic equilibrium you get oscillations around the eventual equilibrium. So we can probably expect oscillations across Europe for a year or so yet. Sometimes the UK will be worse than Europe: at other times Europe will be worse than us.”
Hall of Famer

16 Nov 2021 07:11 am:

That isn’t my intention at all and I’m sorry if you’ve taken it that way. The quote talks of oscillations, which is my point, our cases numbers have moved around a bit but stayed generally high fir months. Your original message suggested significant falls, which I don’t agree with.
Hall of Famer

16 Nov 2021 13:13 pm:

lovejoy wrote:That isn’t my intention at all and I’m sorry if you’ve taken it that way. The quote talks of oscillations, which is my point, our cases numbers have moved around a bit but stayed generally high fir months. Your original message suggested significant falls, which I don’t agree with.

Yes I consider a 30% drop significant. There are papers published where the modelling shows the cases over Christmas will be extremely low. As with all the modelling none of it has been absolutely accurate. Apology accepted, we move on
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 16:30 pm:

Just got back from a long weekend in Spain and I was person non gratis where I stayed in Murcia. Seems that due to the number of unvaccinated Brits filling up Benidorm Hospital (57% of ALL admissions are Brits) they dont really like us at the moment. :oops: Although there were several places in Benidorm where people could go and get a vaccine, no questions asked. Looking at the local news it was quite busy, with long quoues of fat, bald men and corn beefed leged ladys waiting for the jab.

Well the Pox has now paid a visit to the TC household. The youngest (14) who was single jabbed seems to have caught it from his friendship group at Schoool. He has a slight cough and a slight headache. The eldest who is 21, had his second jab 10 days ago and due to this has to self isolate for ten days as well. :lol: Serves him right, if he had the jab when I suggested then this wouldnt of happened! Although this means that I am now serving meals to their bedrooms and doing their washing. I was in full HAZMAT when a tissue fell out the pocket as I loaded the washing machine earlier. :geek:

I also recieved a text earlier from the Drs inviting me alomg to Rosebank this Saturday for my Booster (i'm 47) this is past my 6 months, but really quick (after the over 40s annoncement) as I must be amongst the very few to have 'jumped the quoue'. Mrs TC has her apointment on the 17th December, exactly 6 months to the day after her 2nd. Quite impressed.
Site Admin

23 Nov 2021 21:41 pm:

Hope your boy recovers quickly and the plague leaves the household soon..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 21:47 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Just got back from a long weekend in Spain and I was person non gratis where I stayed in Murcia. Seems that due to the number of unvaccinated Brits filling up Benidorm Hospital (57% of ALL admissions are Brits) they dont really like us at the moment. :oops: Although there were several places in Benidorm where people could go and get a vaccine, no questions asked. Looking at the local news it was quite busy, with long quoues of fat, bald men and corn beefed leged ladys waiting for the jab.

Well the Pox has now paid a visit to the TC household. The youngest (14) who was single jabbed seems to have caught it from his friendship group at Schoool. He has a slight cough and a slight headache. The eldest who is 21, had his second jab 10 days ago and due to this has to self isolate for ten days as well. :lol: Serves him right, if he had the jab when I suggested then this wouldnt of happened! Although this means that I am now serving meals to their bedrooms and doing their washing. I was in full HAZMAT when a tissue fell out the pocket as I loaded the washing machine earlier. :geek:

I also recieved a text earlier from the Drs inviting me alomg to Rosebank this Saturday for my Booster (i'm 47) this is past my 6 months, but really quick (after the over 40s annoncement) as I must be amongst the very few to have 'jumped the quoue'. Mrs TC has her apointment on the 17th December, exactly 6 months to the day after her 2nd. Quite impressed.

??

Don't get the Brits slamming here TC.

Surely the unvaccinated should be getting PCR tests before they travel ???No ?? or having confirmation if a completed vaccinated programme ?? No ?. I wouldn't be going on a weekend tour to Spain myself whatever; but hey thats a separate issue.

What queue's ...what vaccine and what questions weren't asked ??. Seems a very weird post from you.

Just come back from a complex three country business- visit buying art ( and a one-day stop- off included in one country signing -off a project which was long over-due). I won't go into flippant discussion about the protocols ; but lets say it was strict...very; and I have had to register all movements. The standard of monitoring was very impressive. It was NOT the EU. That's all I am saying, and I felt totally safe and no- there were no bald over weight ex-pacts ? or British people around . Pays your money ( I guess ) and takes your choice. Surprises me what you say about random un- vaccinated Brits. Really weird TG ......really ....

Oddest post I have read on this thread to date.

Hope your Son is OK.
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 22:06 pm:

The vaccine booster programme is very simple. It's not about anyone jumping queues.

You get an invite or depending on the age-group you just go online and book. It's that simple.
Hall of Famer

23 Nov 2021 23:01 pm:

I spent an enjoyable weekend with a very good friend of mine who lives in Murcia, head Chef of the Urban Burrito Bar (keep an eye out for it, it's gonna be big). We traveled down to a coastal village called Mazzaron, absolutely beautiful and Mrs TC, myself, Fergie and his Mrs had a great weekend.

Anyway post Brexit a hell of a lot of Brits didn't bother applying for leave to remain in Spain. They are now only allowed to be in country for three months in six. Consequently they fly under the radar and only those who are allowed to stay have been vaccinated. There is a large British population around the Benidorm area who weren't vaccinated, now the Spanish authorities are vaccinating anyone who would like one, no health registration, no passport or nothing. This leads to long queues at the vaccination clinics.

Paging @chisinspain to confirm.
Hall of Famer

24 Nov 2021 07:27 am:

Ah the lovely ex pats (another name for immigrants), living in Spain and voting for Brexit. They are a special kind of stupid.
Hall of Famer

24 Nov 2021 08:43 am:

Thanks everyone for your best wishes for my boy. Seems that being quarantined in your room with an X box , meals delivered etc isn't that bad! He doesn't seem to have any symptoms today, so fingers crossed.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support