COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

25 Nov 2021 18:07 pm:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-how ... s-12476667

Interesting report :

IF the data proves to be accurate then things are looking promising in comparison to other parts of Western Europe.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 19:08 pm:

steckers wrote:I believe that data is a % of the total population and will include young children etc. I haven't looked at EU as a whole (not sure it's relevant). But some countries in the EU have lower rates.

According to the covid dashboard we have 88% of over 12s having 1 dose, and 80% have had 2.

Our problem is the slow roll-out of vaccines in school and I don't see it improving in the near future. Considering thats where most of the transmission is, it would seem an obvious priority.

Your post said "As it happens the UK vaccination rate is very good unlike much of Europe (and elsewhere). So maybe the British public aren't as bas you think."

This is demonstrably wrong. Why do you make up such nonsense?
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 19:20 pm:

Lovejoy - nice debating style. Lucifer made a comment about people (or some people) being ‘selfish’ and putting legal action behind things like vaccination and mask wearing.

All I was saying is that when it comes to vaccination we have done very well and the british public has got on with it. As i said, 88% is very good compared to SOME nations.

Watch the vid clip that RTS posted, it also makes a similar point.

It was a good clip by the way - thanks RTS. I take all these forecasts with a pinch of salt but hope this one is accurate.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 19:32 pm:

We are third in total numbers of vaccinations per 100 people (behind Iceland and Malta). If you look at percentage of population then Spain, Portugal, Malta and Iceland again beat us.

Just calm down a bit Lovejoy, your language of late is a tad aggressive.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 19:41 pm:

Not a lot of love nor joy ?
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 23:44 pm:

lovejoy wrote:
steckers wrote:I believe that data is a % of the total population and will include young children etc. I haven't looked at EU as a whole (not sure it's relevant). But some countries in the EU have lower rates.

According to the covid dashboard we have 88% of over 12s having 1 dose, and 80% have had 2.

Our problem is the slow roll-out of vaccines in school and I don't see it improving in the near future. Considering thats where most of the transmission is, it would seem an obvious priority.

Your post said "As it happens the UK vaccination rate is very good unlike much of Europe (and elsewhere). So maybe the British public aren't as bas you think."

This is demonstrably wrong. Why do you make up such nonsense?

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-vaccine-t ... Adjusted=1

This is where we are right now.

The important thing though Lovejoy is to add in those who have antibodies but who are not vaccinated. Lets not make them hero's; but they do present a increase on the overall number with antibodies albeit naturally acquired. We can play with data all day and night. You are correct when we take the comparative analysis of a number of other countries and for sure those who are not wanting to have the vaccine are to some extent piggy -backing ; but overall our death rate directly from the virus has fallen drastically . Yes; 100 + deaths a day is bad but it's including a significant number who are sadly suffering from other underlying conditions. The rate has clearly plateaued.

We are at the top end of the league table for completed vaccinations. I don't think we will ever see above 75% totally vaccinated and that's fine. The others will either be extremely lucky; careful ( which to be fair to them a number are ) or will be infected and either be very ill ( sadly ) or not so ill but will get an acquired immunity until they get the virus again.
Hall of Famer

25 Nov 2021 23:46 pm:

If we can maintain an adequate antibody level of above 90 % of the population, then that IMO is as good as it will ever get.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 22:43 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59445124

Loveyou you will be pleased to know that facemasks are being reintroduced in England for public transport and shops.

Great that BJ has reacted more quickly on the travel front. My understanding is that it will be PCR tests now on entering the UK so I am assuming the LFT option will be negated ?. The red list is back !.
Hall of Famer

27 Nov 2021 23:47 pm:

No-one can accuse BJ of being indecisive this time. Unfortunately, my guess is the result will be the same.

Shame for some as I'm sure they would've enjoyed the ammo.
Hall of Famer

28 Nov 2021 00:44 am:

tigerchef wrote:We are third in total numbers of vaccinations per 100 people (behind Iceland and Malta). If you look at percentage of population then Spain, Portugal, Malta and Iceland again beat us.

Just calm down a bit Lovejoy, your language of late is a tad aggressive.

Can you quote your source? I’m happy t be less aggressive if you’re not liars. If you are lying I’m prepared for a retraction and and apology.

If you think the uk vaccinations are significantly above EU average then great just source it.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support