COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

17 Sep 2021 07:42 am:

Overtaken? How so?

They've certainly caught up. Our vaccine has significantly slowed down - but that's not because of infrastructure or capacity. It's just some of the younger population electing not to have it.

Dietrying - the answer is fairly straightforward and the same as it's been throughout:

- higher population density
- general poorer underlying health of the nation
- higher population of ethnic minorities
etc

Of course, it's human nature to seek some concrete reason to assign blame. For some more than others ;)

17 Sep 2021 08:06 am:

steckers wrote:Overtaken? How so?

They've certainly caught up. Our vaccine has significantly slowed down - but that's not because of infrastructure or capacity. It's just some of the younger population electing not to have it.

Dietrying - the answer is fairly straightforward and the same as it's been throughout:

- higher population density
- general poorer underlying health of the nation
- higher population of ethnic minorities
etc

Of course, it's human nature to seek some concrete reason to assign blame. For some more than others ;)

So countries with less cases etc are tougher than us. Italy going tougher than France this morning: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 1631864378
aka John Neary

17 Sep 2021 11:28 am:

aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

17 Sep 2021 13:06 pm:

By 'tougher' you mean they have stricter restrictions? That is certainly the case as the UK is almost restriction free now.

But there were more cases here when we had tougher restrictions in place.

I'm not sure we really know the true case situation in many of the other European countries as I don't think they are testing to the extent of the UK.
Hall of Famer

08 Oct 2021 12:39 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Plan A and Plan B explained in simple terms....if only this was all so simple !
On the board

10 Oct 2021 21:46 pm:

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/news-nation/air-traffic-controllers-walk-out-over-vax-mandate

Maybe the UK Care home workers who object to mandated vaccination should consider a similar form of action? I wonder of BBC would cover this? Why no mandate for NHS workers and MPs at HoP or Civil Service to show a modicum of leadership and example?
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 02:42 am:

Because Bod, the care home workers were all given notice in the UK weeks ago, think it was 3 or 4 weeks ago now. I do believe that they will all be sacked by the middle of November. Not going to research this for exact dates as I can't be bothered.

Interesting that you decided to post this a month after the non vacinated care home workers were given notice, obviously you care that much.

Now answer the question, as your daughter is a Police Officer has she had the jab? If she hasn't and her duty is to protect, shouldn't she have it?

Just a yes or no will suffice.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 02:51 am:

Just checked also and all MPs have had the vaccine, showing great leadership. Also the NHS have to have compusary vaccines as well as part of their T's and C's .

You are a frightful bore BOD, hopefully you will be banned soon for being a bleep.
Hall of Famer

11 Oct 2021 07:54 am:

Hi Tigerchef, politely request you delete the last sentence, it is offensive, by all means argue the point but just posting that is over the line, in my opinion.
On the board

11 Oct 2021 09:21 am:

tigerchef wrote:Because Bod, the care home workers were all given notice in the UK weeks ago, think it was 3 or 4 weeks ago now. I do believe that they will all be sacked by the middle of November. Not going to research this for exact dates as I can't be bothered.

Interesting that you decided to post this a month after the non vacinated care home workers were given notice, obviously you care that much.

When did the Air Traffic controlers withdraw labour? A month ago? Or last week? When did it become a news item?
Therein lies a clue as to timing. Doh!

Perchance you'd prefer those who have not sucummbed to the vax bullies in HoC to be visibly identifiable - maybe a bright yellow star on their coat would reassure you? Such seems to be your philosophy. I bet you kept tabs on how many friends your neighbours invited to their homes across the lockdowns and dobbed them in.

Looking forwards to all the families of those who've dumped their elderly folks in the Care Home system being dragged in to actually care for their relatives.

Your celebration of sectarianism is most bizarre
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support