COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

The Vic 26 Jun 2020 12:48 pm said..

As I've said in previous posts comparing who has the most deaths I find to be vulgar. However, the use of data has been criticised in a number of countries. The are German virologists whose sample studies have shown the COVID19 has spread far more significantly. It just that most have either been mild or asymptomatic which world wide data would suggest
The Vic
Hall of Famer

The Vic 26 Jun 2020 18:05 pm said..

Thought this was interesting, a drop from 6% to 1% in the rate of death. Would love to see the discussions going in Sage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53192532
The Vic
Hall of Famer

steckers 26 Jun 2020 18:20 pm said..

I saw something that correlates with that from some Doctors in NY - they basically said they got better at treating it. I guess that makes sense - a lot of guesswork at the beginning.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Vic 26 Jun 2020 18:33 pm said..

steckers wrote:I saw something that correlates with that from some Doctors in NY - they basically said they got better at treating it. I guess that makes sense - a lot of guesswork at the beginning.

Indeed Italian Docs were saying, that current cases do not seem to be as strong and that the virus is weakening. WHO of course rubbished this, and basically wants everyone to be scared
The Vic
Hall of Famer

steckers 26 Jun 2020 19:09 pm said..

Yes a bit of fear is ok - maybe some on our beaches would be handy!!!

Re the potential weakening of the virus - i hope so - some American states are seeing ridiculous numbers of new infections. I guess we'll see if their death rate follows.

I thought the UK's death rate would have dropped more this week - particularly as we have a drug that is supposed to reduce deaths by a third.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Vic 26 Jun 2020 19:14 pm said..

steckers wrote:Yes a bit of fear is ok - maybe some on our beaches would be handy!!!

Re the potential weakening of the virus - i hope so - some American states are seeing ridiculous numbers of new infections. I guess we'll see if their death rate follows.

I thought the UK's death rate would have dropped more this week - particularly as we have a drug that is supposed to reduce deaths by a third.

It has dropped from last week, though probably not at the rate we all want. Positives are that a few weeks ago we saw riots and there has been no uptick in cases. I'm guessing most of these infections are still because of hospitals and care homes
The Vic
Hall of Famer

steckers 26 Jun 2020 20:44 pm said..

Yes that is a good point. I guess I'm a little disappointed that the last few days haven't declined further.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Vic 29 Jun 2020 12:15 pm said..

Some research on why children should be given their lives back. We have a ticking time bomb, generations of children will have their lives ruined by fear. The priority should be about getting their lives back not the dying market of pubs

https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/covid ... MTalu4phRU
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 30 Jun 2020 15:59 pm said..

There has been a localised lock down reintroduced in Leicester I read, with schools and small business forced to close. Are the main roads being policed to stop people moving out of these areas to do their non-essential shops (similar things happened during lock down in Germany)?
Can anybody explain why Leicester races are still going ahead tonight, the course is inside the boundary. Perhaps we can ask Newmarket MP Matt Hancock.
lovejoy
On the board

Russglos 30 Jun 2020 16:12 pm said..

lovejoy wrote:There has been a localised lock down reintroduced in Leicester I read, with schools and small business forced to close. Are the main roads being policed to stop people moving out of these areas to do their non-essential shops (similar things happened during lock down in Germany)?
Can anybody explain why Leicester races are still going ahead tonight, the course is inside the boundary. Perhaps we can ask Newmarket MP Matt Hancock.

Interesting question that. They already have the numbers to realise that they must lock-down again, yet they won't until Thursday. When does the meet end?
Also, Hancock has suggested that children as "super spreaders" have been a contributory factor in the increase of cases. Yet parents are to be fined if their children don't return to school in September.
This will spread to other areas of course. We've had no "pillar 2" testing results released for yonks which leads to grandiose statements from places like Gloucester, such as, "there have been no new cases recorded". Well, maybe not in hospitals. Fraudulent from start to finish. Best buckle up because the truth will come out eventually and probably sooner than expected. Still, I expect Tim Martin is happy. If you're daft, enjoy your pint in the pub on Saturday.
Russglos
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support