COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

lovejoy 02 Jul 2020 08:59 am said..

I notice the New Zealand Health Minister David Clark has resigned today. New Zealand (1,500 cases and 22 deaths) is now confirm virus free. He was in charge when 2 Brits were not tested when leaving quarantine to go to a funeral and also traveled 12 miles to the beach. He resigned on the grounds that it is essential that the public have faith in their politicians.

Does anyone else remember when UK politicians resigned on matters of principle?
lovejoy
On the board

SirHenry 03 Jul 2020 09:10 am said..

Halcyon days. I suspect there is a real domino effect concern at the top these days.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 03 Jul 2020 09:58 am said..

With the modern-day hair-trigger sensitivity and so-easily roused social-media moral outrage there would be no-one left in positions of any responsibility whatsoever IF the previous levels of decency and responsibility were adhered to !!

It seems every day that someone somewhere kicks off in massive OTT reactions ……….over nothing at all. Fair enough if a serious subject BUT a Leicester shop-keeper saying "The Govt are unfairly picking on Leicester and we need to be compensated again." Maybe that person should approach the burghers of Leicester who've been breaking social-distancing with raves, street-parties and illegal gatherings rather than demanding Govt Ministers heads on a pole.

The constant blame game is a modern-annoyance perpetuated by the media "stars" and journos and copied by the keyboard-warriors.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 03 Jul 2020 10:13 am said..

And it's by taking advantage of that attitude Mute that means people never have to take responsibility for anything.

Dismiss all legitimate criticism as faux outrage and you can get away with whatever you want.

Lance if you are reading this any time someone of shedweb, twitter, facebook is critical of a player or coaches performance feel free to just say it is all just social media driven nonsense and disregard it regardless of the facts. Fun.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 03 Jul 2020 10:20 am said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:With the modern-day hair-trigger sensitivity and so-easily roused social-media moral outrage there would be no-one left in positions of any responsibility whatsoever IF the previous levels of decency and responsibility were adhered to !!

Cutting through your OTT moral on-line outrage, moaning about OTT moral on-line outrage, ..........the quote above suggests you are happy to accept that our current government are acting below previous levels of decency and responsibility and that you think this is ok.

Have I got this right? If so, this would explain a lot of the reasons for disagreements on this thread.
lovejoy
On the board

lucifer 03 Jul 2020 11:05 am said..

Of course, the Prime Minister is master of the terminological inexactitude as he would undoubtedly call it - and never resigned, though occasionally has been sacked.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 29076.html
lucifer
Hall of Famer

RTS2 03 Jul 2020 20:12 pm said..

Well whatever the official stats tell us ; there are still many deaths occurring in care homes, and the spread of the virus is potentially even greater than we have seen from the beginning of March . Pubs opening tomorrow in England hey ?. The rate of infection was slowing down , but that seems to have levelled -off somewhat over the last week or two. There is great risk of a second-wave and all the hard work going out of the window. Too many people are complacent, and I fear a backlash with even more severe implications to the UK.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 03 Jul 2020 22:49 pm said..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53287722

What good (at this time) will this do in France and how much will it cost and how long will it take ?? Ching-ching for all the lawyers !!

Let's all try and blame someone (for a virus pandemic that came from China) and we'll make it political as well. Makes me sick !! :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2415  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

DieTrying 03 Jul 2020 23:30 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53287722

What good (at this time) will this do in France and how much will it cost and how long will it take ?? Ching-ching for all the lawyers !!

Let's all try and blame someone (for a virus pandemic that came from China) and we'll make it political as well. Makes me sick !! :roll:

Tbf, China are getting away with Murder and NO Government anywhere seems to be pointing the finger of blame, asking for reparations etc. In fact China seem to be getting away with a lot recently with no real fightback from, well, anybody.

1. 3 of the last 4 "new" viruses started there and yet no action yet not a peek. once is an Accident, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.
2. China is the richest Country in the World. So--
3. It holds quite a lot, if not, most of the World debt.
4. It manufactures more than most of "Western" branded Goods.
5.Is building major strategic Ports / bases out of it's local Area.
6. Could cut the supply chain at any time and knacker the "West". See 7.
7. Foreign Policy Strategy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belt_and_Road_Initiative
8. Blatantly ignores opposition Treaties: current HK unrest.
9. The likely source of the next pandemic: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... esearchers
10: The only Country that has had the balls to ask for an Enquiry is Australia. China hit back with sanctions. The Rest of the World? Near Silence.

All of the above is factual, so no conspiracy theories from me, but it does make you wonder.
John Neary
DieTrying

JamesK 04 Jul 2020 07:05 am said..

Enquires are needed urgently to identify what things could have been done better during the first peak of the virus and to make sure those measures are in place if there is a second peak.

People like Mute need to stop being so obsessed with the blame game. We need to learn lessons. If that means our favourite politician is shown to have made mistakes then never mind. It is a small price to pay for the lives that could be saved.
JamesK
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support