COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

The Vic 21 Jul 2020 09:40 am said..

I find it fascinating that we can form a strong opinion on face masks with little scientific empirical data to support it, and be quite sanctimonious about it. Yet the damage done to child development with social distancing is justified with the phrase 'children adapt better'. Not sure this country has the intelligence to follow the science
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 21 Jul 2020 10:34 am said..

Which posts are you quoting here Vic?

On masks, I’ve not seen absolute proof they massively help but at the very least they do give a small benefit. If we are debating wearing masks on the basis of the degree to which they help then we’ve truly lost the plot.
lovejoy
On the board

The Vic 22 Jul 2020 08:58 am said..

Lovejoy I've seen enough facebook posts from individuals that makes me realise our nation has lost the plot. There are posts where people have said 'children adapt better', while supporting social distancing.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 22 Jul 2020 15:51 pm said..

So not posted on here then.
I'm not active on Facebook but I do know they are not entirely opposed to a little mindset manipulation and data harvesting as was seen by the Cambridge Analytica saga. I'm not sure how trustworthy or genuine most of those posts would be.
lovejoy
On the board

RTS2 01 Aug 2020 16:52 pm said..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53609467......so the numbers are indeed rising. Those thousands of tourists flocking to the beaches and into the South West communities must be most welcome.........NOT. No doubt some local businesses are pleased about this ; but many of the local communities are up in arms.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

steckers 01 Aug 2020 18:46 pm said..

That link isn't working for me RTS. But yes - I think there can be no doubt that the numbers are rising - I assume as a result of lockdown easing. Similar all across Europe too.

Not sure I truly trust the death figures that much any more. But infections are sadly on the rise - for sure.
steckers
Hall of Famer

The Vic 01 Aug 2020 19:40 pm said..

Yet no hospital admission data and the deaths are continuing to be less and less. This lockdown crap is doing immeasurable damage to the fabric of our society. Restrictions placed upon the parts of the country where there is strong muslim communities, just before Eid is tragic for them. To find out by a tweet as well, just shows how terrible the communication has been from the incompetent government
The Vic
Hall of Famer

RTS2 02 Aug 2020 11:13 am said..

Well rumours circulating in some sections of the media that " millions" of additional over 50's could be forced to lockdown if a second wave hits. They may be required to complete a risk assessment and this could involve a significant number of additional at risk people following reviews in the knowledge that has emerged about the virus since March;......so to some guys ; be prepared ! .
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 02 Aug 2020 11:29 am said..

In response to The Vics points.

1) Yes agreed the use of social media to let the cat out of the bag is a lazy and rather irresponsible way to communicate what are serious and impacting policies/strategies. The whole communication culture surrounding this pandemic has been confusing at best and in terms of the validity of the Governments statements somewhat discredited and u-turntable in several key areas. That much is quite clear .

2) It might be an unfortunate coincidence about the need/timing of regional " lockdowns" at Eid ?. I am not suggesting that you are intimating any remotely racist motivation ( by the way ) , but there maybe some correlation between social interaction traditions and all communities deserve protection whatever their ethnicity.

It is perhaps that it happens to be that the religious festival is practiced more widely in communities where the virus appears to be spreading more widely again.
RTS2
Hall of Famer

RTS2 05 Aug 2020 06:49 am said..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53651954

A brief but pertinent analysis of ethnic minority exposure risks to Covid-19.
RTS2
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support