COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

The Vic 04 Sep 2020 14:29 pm said..

Re: Denise Welch - I don't think she said anything awful, she just said she wants less fear. She did it in a very ranty way but do we really have an issue with someone expressing the opinion that fear is a bad thing? She isn't denying the existence of Covid, just wants more balance to media. Perhaps if she was less shouty you would have less of an issue
The Vic
Hall of Famer

The Vic 04 Sep 2020 14:30 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:There's a danger of separating our society into different groupings based on age/health and what they are/aren't allowed to do. Not an acceptable route IMHO. And how long would it last - until a vaccine came about ??

As someone at the wrong-end of the age/health scale I am not keen on being "locked-down" whilst the youth of today does want it wants when it wants.

Well then don't. I honestly think it should be down to personal choice and people need to weigh up their own risk
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Gloucester Mute 04 Sep 2020 16:09 pm said..

Until more is "discovered" with holiday-makers returning + schools/colleges/Universities returning across the country I support continued use of face-masks wherever feasible + local Lockdowns + Quarantining for those arriving from high Covid 19 areas. We must remain cautious rather than tempt fate across our nation. As long as people (many sadly idiots) use commonsense we'll be better off than throwing caution to the wind. Want a return to April/May ??
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2635  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

The Vic 05 Sep 2020 10:45 am said..

I disagree Mute, but thats ok!! I think its time to get on now and get past the fear.
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 05 Sep 2020 16:06 pm said..

The Vic wrote:Re: Denise Welch - I don't think she said anything awful, she just said she wants less fear. She did it in a very ranty way but do we really have an issue with someone expressing the opinion that fear is a bad thing? She isn't denying the existence of Covid, just wants more balance to media. Perhaps if she was less shouty you would have less of an issue

I’m not sure how she was qualified to tell us that Covid was in a much better position and we should go back to lockdown, at least have an expert giving their view. Also we had 1,800 cases yesterday vs 500 in July so her rant wasn’t based in fact. In fact I think she was ranting from Portugal, you can draw your own conclusions from that.
lovejoy
On the board

The Vic 05 Sep 2020 19:05 pm said..

lovejoy - I've watched the interview, she was just after balance in the media reporting. I don't think thats unreasonable, and in truth if you are after expert opinion from watching 'This Morning' might I suggest you are looking in the wrong place
The Vic
Hall of Famer

The Vic 06 Sep 2020 15:11 pm said..

News report/opinion piece on reinfection

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/499026-vaccine ... eradicate/
The Vic
Hall of Famer

steckers 06 Sep 2020 21:35 pm said..

27 million recorded cases (probably far more) and just a couple of cases of re-infection. So its clearly VERY rare.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Castle Grim Reaper 07 Sep 2020 15:50 pm said..

So, in summary, you are now more likely to be run over by a bus and killed than die of COVID and, with thanks to Jethro, it would need to be the St Just bus for you to get it a second time :?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 07 Sep 2020 16:11 pm said..

I'm not sure thats right, in 2020 there have been 60,000+ Covid deaths - are bus drivers really killing that many?
lovejoy
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support