COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

Castle Grim Reaper 08 Sep 2020 09:27 am said..

The key was the word 'now' :roll:
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 08 Sep 2020 09:51 am said..

Still seems a lot of bus deaths given 101 weekly covid deaths per the ONS. But lets not bicker, the point is the daily death rates are very low currently but the context of the buses slightly demeans the global pandemic impact.
lovejoy
On the board

The Vic 10 Sep 2020 21:05 pm said..

Mute are going to apply to be a COVID marshall?
The Vic
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 13 Sep 2020 19:26 pm said..

Gloucester Mute wrote:The fact of spikes in Spain, France, Germany, S Korea, Japan + Australasia plus continued high cases/mortality rates in US, S America, S Africa and Indian sub-Continent ??

Praise surely due in UK when deserved ?? Or maybe it's good fortune/luck........or you simply want to bury your political-head in the sand !!

I say "Well Done" to all those involved on our little island - you are doing something right".

Just looking for your follow up message on this Mute, or does it only work one way?
lovejoy
On the board

Gloucester Mute 13 Sep 2020 22:49 pm said..

Nope not all. BTW I did write those words 3 weeks ago. The surge all over Europe, has happened since then with returning College/Uni students, poor social-distancing from 20-35 yr olds and those returning from holidays.

Not great for anyone at the mo.
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 16 Sep 2020 18:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

lovejoy 14 Sep 2020 06:05 am said..

If you are prepared to praise someone when the stats are low(er) but not criticise them when they are spiking you run the risk of being called one-eyed with, to use your words, your head in the sand.
lovejoy
On the board

Gloucester Mute 14 Sep 2020 09:06 am said..

Exactly what you have done Lovejoy old thing. When you had no reason to criticise anything you went all quiet. As soon as things turned queer you are back on your soap-box.

Equally at fault I think. :roll: :roll:
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2624  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County

lovejoy 14 Sep 2020 10:04 am said..

I think we should agree to disagree on this.
Our response has never been better than "not quite as bad as a few weeks ago" or "we aren't quite the worst performing country". If we lived in New Zealand/Germany I think you'd find I was fulsome with my praise.
lovejoy
On the board

King Prawn Bhuna 16 Sep 2020 11:50 am said..

Well. On the basis that the whole policy is based on our world leading track and trace and testing systems.......

I think we know now exactly where we stand....and the level of recognition of capability the Government and its leadership deserve.

BTW if this is world leading what state are the rest of the world in?

For those that live in a bubble.... A friend just landed in Rome, had a a Covid test at the airport and was given the result of the test before he picked up his bags.....
King Prawn Bhuna
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....

Castle Grim Reaper 16 Sep 2020 13:11 pm said..

Richard E Grant, you name dropper ;)
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support