COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

23 Sep 2020 20:29 pm:

Well the medical AND scientific advise doesn't exactly sing off the same hymn sheet! Therein lies part of the problem.
On the board

24 Sep 2020 06:08 am:

Genuine question - if I download the new app and am told to self isolate, even though I’m asymptomatic, I should order a test. Assuming a test is available, a big assumption, and it comes back negative I apparently still need to isolate.
If you are negative and have no symptoms why should you self isolate for 14 days?
Hall of Famer

24 Sep 2020 14:10 pm:

lovejoy wrote:Genuine question - if I download the new app and am told to self isolate, even though I’m asymptomatic, I should order a test. Assuming a test is available, a big assumption, and it comes back negative I apparently still need to isolate.
If you are negative and have no symptoms why should you self isolate for 14 days?

That doesn't exactly encourage me to download the app!! There needs to be some common sense here.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle

25 Sep 2020 09:37 am:

Four players and a staff have been tested positive for novel coronavirus in the latest round of Premiership Rugby Testing.

All five members were from three different clubs and will now face isolation along with their close contacts. A total of 1056 tests were conducted in the recent most round.

"Premiership Rugby can today (Thursday) confirm that on Tuesday, September 22, 1,056 players and club staff from Premiership clubs were tested as part of the PCR Covid-19 screening programme.

"Of those who were tested five people - from three different clubs - tested positive. Four of those who tested positive were players and one a member of staff.
aka John Neary

25 Sep 2020 10:16 am:

aka John Neary
On the board

25 Sep 2020 10:39 am:

Some friends of mine were out in London last night ad said it was very busy at chucking out time - 10pm. Tube busy and people milling around, in fast food places etc. These are the sort of things that would be identified by a reasonable discussion in parliament. As it is we have rule by diktat coming from No 10. Crazy times.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2020 11:17 am:

Was it a necessary journey for your friends ?? ;)

You, and a couple of other lefties on SW, are very repetitive. My reasoned guess is that there are a fair few people in Govt and the Civil Service doing their level best in these trying times. And yet carp, carp, carp + moan, moan, moan from a party who have come up with zero alternative initiatives and suggestions - except in hindsight.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
On the board

25 Sep 2020 14:38 pm:

You have no way of knowing how I voted and using the label "leftie" is a cheap shot. If Corbyn was in charge and throwing money everywhere, I would be criticising that and you would be calling me a "rightie". I am anti vacuous populist charlatans though, throw that one at me if you must.

Given we cannot know government policy until it announced/leaked to the Telegraph it is difficult to assess it in advance. The original furlough was a good idea and a success.
Last edited by lovejoy on 25 Sep 2020 14:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

25 Sep 2020 14:40 pm:

Here you go Mute - I think we should set up Fever Hospitals. It would allow all other hospitals to actually meet the need the public health has in other arenas.

Secondly, MPs on are voting on 30th Sept to repeal the coronavirus act meaning the government cannot enforce restrictions without putting it through parliament first. This is a very good thing and must be encouraged
On the board

25 Sep 2020 15:42 pm:

Also we should test people coming into the country at airports and if they have the infection they should have to isolate immediately.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support