COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

12 Jan 2021 17:33 pm:

Same old, same old politics !! Pull together in time of crisis ?? Not if you obsess the whole time about undermining the current Govt !! Should have thought about that when elevating Corbyn/Abbott and the Unions to deciding Labour policy. ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 18:19 pm:

GM you're the only one who talks about politics on here. The rest of us are trying to evaluate the effectiveness of the response to Covid, not discuss the Labour Party. Mind you, if Corbyn/Labour had been in power I think they'd have been slaughtered on here if their response had been so dire. However they aren't so they're more or less irrelevant.
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 18:36 pm:

The moment anyone on the right mentions Corbyn when discussing the tory handling of the pandemic then it should be an instant red card as they are basically admitting that they have no legitimate defence of the inept handling of the crisis by the current shower in downing Street!
Keyser Sose
Site Admin

12 Jan 2021 19:06 pm:

If you allow 5 minutes per jab, one person working 40 hrs / week will administer 480 jabs / week. Let’s say 500 for ease of calculation.

To do 2,000,000 jabs /week therefore would require 4000 people doing nothing but jabbing people..

I guess these folk already exist in the doctors surgeries up and down the land, but presumably to ramp up that capacity would become a human problem quite quickly? Is that a factor or is it supply of the vaccines?

Also, I’ve heard nothing about bupa etc, anyone know what role they are playing in all this?

Genuine questions, no agenda.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 20:19 pm:

lucifer wrote:GM you're the only one who talks about politics on here. The rest of us are trying to evaluate the effectiveness of the response to Covid, not discuss the Labour Party. Mind you, if Corbyn/Labour had been in power I think they'd have been slaughtered on here if their response had been so dire. However they aren't so they're more or less irrelevant.

Luci - Suggest you read some of the recent postings and their constant references to "they" - as in the Govt. For me this has been how "we" as a country have all coped and done our bit. Many whom have transgressed recommendations and ignored guidance and broken rules are the same people whom have scorned the Govt and their genuine and honest attempts to lead from the front. Hypocritical ?? :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 20:48 pm:

What nonsense. Because some people haven't followed the rules and guidance that the majority have complied with we can't question the competency of the people making the decisions.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 20:58 pm:

Read what I said !! I said many of those whom have criticised the Govt have, at the same time, broken the rules.

Hand on heart Sheddy - have you broken any Covid-19 rules ?? And have you criticised the Govt ?? Are you a hypocrite ??
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 21:06 pm:

Well I can hopefully answer a few of your questions and correct some people's postings on here. I have just returned from volunteering at the Bristol Vaccination Centre at Ashston Gate and I can say that I am throughly impressed!

Yesterday they were processing 2 people in 5 minutes, today it was 3 people in 5 minutes, tomorrow it will 4 and Thursday it will be 5 people in 5 minutes.

Between 8-5 is aimed at OAP's and 5-8 is NHS and care home staff. There is no problem with supply either, they have plenty to go around and every person who is booked in has a jab with their name on it.

Now for the bad part. Every single person who has a vaccine has made an appointment. 30% of those did not attend their appointment yesterday and today.

I have no political agenda, I just wanted you all to know the truth. On a personal note, I have never seen so many people with tears in their eyes when they saw that they were about to get the vaccine. It was truly humbling.
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 21:12 pm:

I have clapped, I have washed my hands, I have worked from home, I have socially distanced, I have not seen friends and family for weeks on end, I have clicked and collected, I gave to Captain Tom, I have kept up my side of the bargain as much as I can and whilst I probably found myself in breach of the rules at some point I don't know that that prevents me from criticising a government that seems to have made a hash of their response to the pandemic at nearly every turn.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

12 Jan 2021 21:12 pm:

Interesting stuff Tigerchef. Well done you for volunteering.

30% no-shows for this vaccination is appalling. I assume it is automatically re-offered ?? How many times until people are struck off the list as time-wasters ?? I assume the wasted vaccine can't then be used on a new replacement ??
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support