COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

14 Jan 2021 21:05 pm:

lovejoy wrote:
Gloucester Mute wrote:I apologise for supporting our country's democratically elected Govt and therefore "condoning" it's actions !! I guess I'm a team player and the Conservative Party, despite not being at all perfect, are my team. I completely accept valid and reasoned criticism of them just not the non-stop repetitive undermining and carping from those who are so blinkered they can never applaud the other side. IF Bath score a good try against GRFC I will applaud and acknowledge it. My guess is that many myopic and embittered types on SW never would. Praise when praise is due ie; the vaccine roll-out to date.

This pandemic is not a politically-induced happening !!

I concur re. having a back-up list for testing drop-outs BUT would be hard to manage if covering very last-minute drop-outs. Just not supportive of your blanket fining for missed appointments.

This is basically my point, you are by your own admission, a Tory fan boy unable to see the obvious inadequacies. Me, I call it as I see it regardless of rosette colour.

From your repetitive tone/derogatory comments you have very obviously nailed your red flag to the mast.........
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 21:57 pm:

Ashton Gate daily numbers

Mon - 247
Tues - 439
Wed - 670
Thu - 890
Fri - 1,000 target.

Seems it will max at about 1,000 a day. The number of no shows was 10 people. Also there are a lot of undelivered letters for group 1 & 2 at the moment, so they are pushing through NHS and Care home staff. Another excellent shift completed.
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 22:00 pm:

Thanks for the updates tigerchef, please keep them coming as highly informative
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 22:41 pm:

Closing in on 300,000 a day.

Really encouraging to see the bristol numbers rising so fast.

Keep the updates coming tigerchef - positive news is very welcome.
Hall of Famer

14 Jan 2021 23:52 pm:

Great work tigerchef. Thanks for the update...keep them coming.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 09:42 am:

From your repetitive tone/derogatory comments you have very obviously nailed your red flag to the mast.........

You are wrong.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 12:28 pm:

Grant Shapps talking on the BBC earlier spoke about there not being any evidence of the Brazilian variant being in the UK.

Fact is we have allowed many thousands untested travellers to come into the UK since last February and the only restrictions up until the recent South African travel ban were the requirements to self -isolate for 10 days !. We know how many people ignore this !!!. The two Brazilian variants were identified a few months ago and yet we've allowed people to travel to the UK without the test and even now UK passport holders can travel back and are only required to self-isolate.

Clearly we want these people to be repatriated; BUT not surely without having had a PCR test before travelling. IF I were to travel out of the UK then I will need one to virtually anywhere; and when I return I would also require one within 72 hours of flying back to the UK from the delayed date on Monday; so surely this must apply to UK citizens returning from the countries on the new travel ban list ?.

As for the two Brazilian variants not being here already; well I am not certain that Mr. Shapps has got his facts correct; and whatever the current evidence it is almost certain it already has landed here given the almost 4 months of unrestricted travelling to the UK from South America we've had to the UK since these variants were first detected !.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 13:04 pm:

I'd be amazed if this virus hadn't spread outside brazil to countries which the UK have allowed people to travel from without a clean test. If Shapps is correct, we've been very lucky. If he's wrong, I assume he's lying so should resign (albeit lying isn't seen as a resigning offence these days, file under bullying).
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 13:39 pm:

Well one variant has been found here, luckily not the one they're worried about. One suspects it's only a matter of time.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavi ... d=msedgntp
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 14:04 pm:

The way out of this pandemic is a vaccine, which seems to be going well. A mutating virus which is less responsive to the vaccine would set us back significantly. The containment of the new strains should be of upmost importance. I'm astonished cross border travel hasn't been more significantly restricted all round. Hartely-Brewer and Piers Morgan can go a few months without a holiday, like the rest of us, surely.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support