COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

15 Jan 2021 16:03 pm:

317,000 vaccines yesterday - steadily climbing every day.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 17:14 pm:

All travel corridors to close on Monday. This is too late in my view.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 17:20 pm:

Lurker wrote:All travel corridors to close on Monday. This is too late in my view.

Astonishingly late.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 18:44 pm:

steckers wrote:317,000 vaccines yesterday - steadily climbing every day.

Yep, keep that up and we exceed the 2m per week target. Infections look like they've peaked too which is more good news, though deaths continue to rise. We should fairly soon be out of the numerical consequences of the government's failure to address the rising infection rate in December which allowed people spread the virus like wildfire to their friends and relations over the Christmas period.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 19:16 pm:

My first ever post when I opened the thread was centred on travel.

It is almost totally unbelievable that it has taken this govt 10 months + to get their head around it.

Total negligence; and how many lives could have been saved ?. We will sadly never know.

At last !!!!! Eureka !!!!!.

We must tighten up again. I would ban ALL international travel other than for approved business matters and hauliers for the next three months and then review. Please don't talk to me about airlines.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 19:42 pm:

796 confirmed Vaccinations carried out at AGVC.

On another note, I have been stood down tomorrow afternoon and AGVC closes at 1200. This is due to the CEO of AG saying that there isn't enough car parking spaces for the football players / rugby players to park as well as the staff of the VC and the customers. Make of that what you will.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 20:02 pm:

Are they closed just for the weekend?
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 20:11 pm:

No, just Saturday afternoon.
Hall of Famer

15 Jan 2021 20:40 pm:

I guess the vaccinations will be further decreased as I assume GPs will also not be working over the weekend.
Hall of Famer

16 Jan 2021 19:45 pm:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... kdown.html

What a great example. The Govt's very own health minister with smile all over his face going over to someone today ; right up to them in fact ( so it appears ) with a rugby ball in the park and walking within two meters of others with no face mask.

What an excellent example to the nation when we are being told to wear masks and to socially distance and to protect the NHS.

Seems BJ's plea for everyone to stay at home this weekend was being heeded by one of his own ministers...….the Health Minister !!!!!!!!. North London Park and in a city where the NHS are battling in many cases to keep people alive and with stretched resources.

Shocking .
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support