COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

30 Mar 2021 14:09 pm:

The Vic wrote:Well TigerChef I think the government are acknowledging the issue with lateral flow tests, as now they are recommending to get a PCR test if a positive test is presented with the lateral flow.

This was announced on 4th March I think, it was mentioned on this thread previously.
Hall of Famer

30 Mar 2021 16:17 pm:

Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 12:49 pm:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56591429

Pfizer safe for 12-15's. I can understand the need for that age range to be vaccinated but I feel very uncomfortable any younger needing a vaccine considering they are not particularly a)effected by covid and b) are not the main spreaders of the virus
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 15:46 pm:

The Vic wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56591429

Pfizer safe for 12-15's. I can understand the need for that age range to be vaccinated but I feel very uncomfortable any younger needing a vaccine considering they are not particularly a)effected by covid and b) are not the main spreaders of the virus

Between 12th October 2020 - 7th March 2021, 294 0-17 year olds were admitted to Hospital for Covid and 27 Died.

I'm just going to leave that here.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 16:29 pm:

I can't understand if you are for or against...?
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 17:01 pm:

think he is saying 297 went to hospital and of those 27 died thus jabbing them is a good thing
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 17:05 pm:

The Vic wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56591429

IF Under 18's can have a flu-jab then I see no reason why they can't have a Covid-jab if they/their parents wish. Flu and Covid can kill....and I am sure the families of those who caught Covid and/or died would not wish same on anybody else.

IF vaccinations can save lives why wouldn't you let them be given ??
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 17:35 pm:

The trials in the under 18s are producing amazing results with 100% protection against Covid in the 12-17 demographic. I cannot understand or comprehend why someone would be against vaccinating all Under 18s, as long as it safe. £100m is nothing on the grand scheme of things.

Sorry, but I will now be ignoring The Vic, as I feel that my suspicions that he has been trolling this thread for some time now, have finally been confirmed. I am happy to debate different points of view, but when I see a post that is either deliberately inflammatory or shows zero ethical judgement, then I will be suspicious going forward.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 17:43 pm:

As I have said many many many times I’m all for vaccines. As I said in the post those 12 and above (Secondary school age) it would make sense to vaccinate, as that age groups seemingly looks like it does spread. I’m more reluctant (doesn’t mean it should not be offered if safe for this age group - Pfizer study is 12 and above) in primary school ages as looking at the data seems to be less impact for Covid.

That’s not trolling, that’s a questioning of necessity for a very particular age group.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 18:11 pm:

Sorry, but I will now be ignoring The Vic, as I feel that my suspicions that he has been trolling this thread for some time now, have finally been confirmed. I am happy to debate different points of view, but when I see a post that is either deliberately inflammatory or shows zero ethical judgement, then I will be suspicious going forward.[/quote]

I resent this accusation. Yes I don't agree with lockdowns, yes I would prefer to have done what the Swedish have done (its had restrictions in place, and isn't the free for all made out to be by libertarians or lockdown fanatics). Tegnall disagrees with the Great Barrington Declaration, which I have mixed views over.

However, I've never spoken out against vaccines, but have said many times they are amazing. I've questioned the necessity for a vaccine for a specific age (so far untested) group of 0-11, that's not trolling that's a question that has arisen from data. Flu has a far greater impact for this age group, than covid.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support