COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

31 Mar 2021 19:27 pm:

And how many of those children had underlying issues. We are offering vaccines to at risk people if they want them, there is no point in vaccinating all children.
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 21:14 pm:

Genuine question - can any toddler/child have a flu jab IF parent wishes OR only if they have an underlying illness ?? For instance I know all old fart5 like me are actively encouraged to have a flu jab.

No doubting that Continental Europe will be turning on their leaders soon because of the lack of an efficient vaccination programme. Currently much happier being out of Europe....
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

31 Mar 2021 21:33 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Genuine question - can any toddler/child have a flu jab IF parent wishes OR only if they have an underlying illness ?? For instance I know all old fart5 like me are actively encouraged to have a flu jab.

No doubting that Continental Europe will be turning on their leaders soon because of the lack of an efficient vaccination programme. Currently much happier being out of Europe....

A parent can refuse for the child to have a flu jab yes. Ultimately the covid jab will require parental consent, however, the question is about necessity for certain age groups. Secondary school age I can understand and get on board with. Primary school, Infant and pre-school I'm a little uncertain over.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 10:19 am:

there is a practical point to this as well. By the time the adult population are vaccinated , say october, wont that mean the boosters are being rolled out to the old farts again? I can't see where the time or capacity to jab the children comes in or if it does who misses out?
On the plus side doing it at school should make it efficient.
And for the record I don't have a strong view on jabbing the primary school children in and of itself.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 14:49 pm:

UK vaccination rate is about 3 million a week, we should have plenty of spare capacity by then to vaccinate young people in August and September. Important to get ahead of the potential bow wave coming our way in October.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 15:24 pm:

I was understanding that the current rate was going to drop off but I’m trying to be more positive so I expect you are correct.
Also your point on October fresh wave does raise the question that with virtually all the adult population vaccinated if we have a new wave either we have perpetual lockdown or rely on vaccine resistance and carry on as usual.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 15:31 pm:

You'd hope the latter, Lovejoy, otherwise what's the point of the vaccinations?
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 15:35 pm:

Some news today about Phizer Vaccine. Protects 90% from effects of Covid, but the T cell count drops after 6 months. Looks like we will need a top up.
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 15:40 pm:

So on that basis we should be on a cycle of vaccinations forever. Is there any basis for lockdown 4 in the autmn if cases are up?
Hall of Famer

01 Apr 2021 15:48 pm:

So a top up every year, in the same way as we currently do for influenza, where the NHS expanded the programme last year to include the over 50s. I believe a combined jab is being researched.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support