COVID- 19

Hall of Famer

Re: COVID- 19

01 Apr 2021 16:49 pm:

Capacity is not an issue - it's supply.

I imagine kids will get an inhaled version at school if it can be developed.
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 12:07 pm:

steckers wrote:Capacity is not an issue - it's supply.

I imagine kids will get an inhaled version at school if it can be developed.

I think I posted on here a few weeks ago that OAZ were conducting a trial with the vaccine on children Stecks . Not sure how that's going, as there appears to be little media interest in this just now. I imagine that will change as the vaccination programme works it's way down the age groups.
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 15:50 pm:

I wasn't really referring to the child testing - I imagine that will take months to complete.

I just meant, if we had enough vaccine - I think they would easily double what they are doing. Maybe get as high as 10 million a week. That's my anecdotal observation based on conversations with a few people working in the field (GPs etc). By all accounts, they could do a lot more if they had the supplies.

So vaccinating children wouldn't really slow anything down.

I suspect take-up will be much lower in the 20-30s also.
Hall of Famer

02 Apr 2021 16:01 pm:

More clotting problems for OAZ. Doesn't seem to be going away.
Site Admin

02 Apr 2021 22:38 pm:

The number of incidents lodged with MHRA makes it 1 in every 600,000 vaccinations given.. Probably a higher number in reality, but still favourable odds, I guess..

Thought I heard something on the radio about the numbers for Pfizer being comparable?
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 07:45 am:

BBC this morning said 30 cases of blood clots with 7 of those dying after taking OAZ. Pfizer has 2. They are looking into the cause as nothing confirmed clots caused by the vaccines yet.
If the world was a really rational place, it would be men that would ride side saddle
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 09:24 am:

Lurker - I think that relates to the specific clot that they are very concerned about. Judging on some of the international reporting, it's looking very likely that there is a relationship with the vaccine.
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 11:18 am:

As a statistician, aren’t these numbers so low compared to the numbers vaccinated to make the correlation redundant?
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 11:19 am:

Though it more than likely affects those who have some sort of pre-existing condition (not necessarily diagnosed) otherwise why the very small numbers?
Hall of Famer

03 Apr 2021 14:17 pm:

It’s only from Twitter but being reported only 68k first jabs done in the last 24 hours. I think that can be classified as “very disappointing”.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support