COVID- 19

Re: COVID- 19

DieTrying 13 May 2020 21:01 pm said..

Facebook Coronavirus Expert "Ad":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CyYZbpGyY
DieTrying

Gloucester Mute 13 May 2020 23:53 pm said..

DieTrying wrote:Facebook Coronavirus Expert "Ad":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3CyYZbpGyY

DT - See thread below this one. BTW Queen Victoria not well and England win World Cups in 1966, 2003 and 2019 !! ;)
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 2125  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 14 May 2020 09:56 am said..

Apparently yesterday there were no new cases in Gloucestershire, fingers crossed it stays that way.

Many manufacturing business's returning this & next week around the Country, obviously with social distance measures and various PPE in place.
Posts: 3878  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

SirHenry 14 May 2020 10:49 am said..

Positive news indeed and hopefully it will stay that way, but to avoid accusations of hindsight (or so people can hold me up to ridicule if I am wrong): I will channel all my Facebook expertise and predict it won't.

Anyone got the guts to take the alternate view?
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hall of Famer

Lewi7 14 May 2020 11:53 am said..

Even with vaccines other diseases still occur, so it's highly likely that it'll show itself again & soon. It'll never fully go away, it might mutate and we may control it and learn to live with it, but it'll be manageable (hopefully).

Plenty of other well known diseases still claim lives.
Posts: 3878  Location: Back in the 'Shire, how long for I wonder ?
Lewi7

steckers 14 May 2020 12:54 pm said..

From what I have read - the scientists don't expect anything too significant in terms of mutation. Fingers crossed.
steckers
Hall of Famer

lucifer 14 May 2020 19:41 pm said..

Or a vaccine this side of 12 months.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 15 May 2020 14:20 pm said..

steckers wrote:From what I have read - the scientists don't expect anything too significant in terms of mutation. Fingers crossed.

That's a brave call at this stage.
lovejoy
On the board

steckers 15 May 2020 14:40 pm said..

Not my prediction - just watched something that suggested these type of viruses don't 'normally' mutate as much as others. Or something to that affect.
steckers
Hall of Famer

lovejoy 15 May 2020 14:47 pm said..

Understood, whoever said that was making a brave call. All viruses mutate, there is a new strain of flu every year for example. Its fairly early days in this virus to draw any conclusions. I do agree with the sentiment that hopefully it wont mutate as much as some other viruses, of course.
lovejoy
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support