Coronavirus Assistance

Senior squad member

Coronavirus Assistance

15 Mar 2020 12:36 pm:

With the increasing threat of self or enforced isolation, can I suggest that we use this forum not only to try and allieviate the tedium (OT Threads perhaps being increasingly encouraged) but also as a means of addressing the very real practical problems that many are about to experience.

If any of us need assistance or support, please do not be afraid to ask. Similarly if anyone becomes aware of anyone who needs support through picking up shopping, or simply through trying to address loneliness through a phone call or e mail, then again, please do not be afraid to ask, either on the main board or through the PM facility.

We are, after all, a community, and the bottom line is that often by doing the simplest things we can make a massive difference to someone’s life.

it shouldn’t need a situation like this to encourage what many do without a second thought, but if just one person is helped then this thread is worthwhile.

(if anyone’s stockpiled loo roll (preferably not from 70s school toilets), will be happy to assist with storage space...)
Hall of Famer

Re: Coronavirus Assistance

15 Mar 2020 12:45 pm:

I'm a husband to someone whom is immunocompromised, if you're elderly or disabled etc should you need someone to come around to chat rugby or help around the house I'm being very careful RE: keeping clean and separating from crowds etc so I'm more than happy to help.

Please reach out and just ask!

Kindest

J
In Skivington we Trust, the future is Cherry & white
Site Admin

15 Mar 2020 15:28 pm:

Great shout guys

If this forum can be a force for good, then it is at your disposal.

I could create a separate forum for Coronavirus specific threads?

With the prospect of the elderly being confined in coming weeks, there may be folk on here that find themselves welcome of the distraction or in need of a pint of milk.. please don’t be afraid or too proud to ask..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

15 Mar 2020 15:34 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:Great shout guys

With the prospect of the elderly being confined in coming weeks, there may be folk on here that find themselves welcome of the distraction or in need of a pint of milk.. please don’t be afraid or too proud to ask..

+ 1
Vice-Captain

15 Mar 2020 15:40 pm:

I am out and about every day, if anyone needs any thing just say. Wherever you are I have to cover all of Southwest as a Manager doing utilities.
Hero in the making

15 Mar 2020 15:42 pm:

As a nearly 77 yr old with a wife in a care home this idea from Bullshed and others is really brilliant. I am happy to support others too. Challenging times ahead.
West is best
Hall of Famer

15 Mar 2020 15:49 pm:

I’m a bit far out from Gloucester, being in Lincoln, but if there’s anyone within radius who needs a hand give me a shout.

Big props to Bullshed.
Tuffty (Andy Kershaw)

"The Holy Writ of Gloucester Rugby Club demands: first, that the forwards shall win the ball; second, that the forwards shall keep the ball; and third, the backs shall buy the beer." - Doug Ibbotson
Hall of Famer

15 Mar 2020 16:30 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:Great shout guys

I think a separate forum would be best - this is a brilliant initiative by Bullshed.

I will help where I can but am close to our government's age limit for "staying in".....
The artist formerly known as Porky
Vice-Captain

15 Mar 2020 22:09 pm:

I will not come under any restrictions so as I have said if anyone needs anything let me know
Hall of Famer

16 Mar 2020 19:49 pm:

I flew back from New York nine days ago and now have a persistent cough. At the moment it is just a dry irritating cough with slight breathlessness, no fever or flu symptoms. Going into lockdown for 14 days.
www.fumblings.net
Next

Return to COVID-19 Support