Coronavirus Assistance

Hall of Famer

Re: Coronavirus Assistance

16 Mar 2020 19:53 pm:

Get better soon. I don't think there was much of it in New York at that time was there? I was following the situation as we had a family holiday planned for NY at Easter.
Site Admin

16 Mar 2020 19:55 pm:

Good luck OG.

Expecting a bumper crop of fumblings to emerge whilst you are in the lock down..
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

16 Mar 2020 19:57 pm:

steckers wrote:Get better soon. I don't think there was much of it in New York at that time was there? I was following the situation as we had a family holiday planned for NY at Easter.

Thanks. Someone whose wife had a "cold" turned out to an event I was at. Pure speculation of course.
www.fumblings.net
Hall of Famer

16 Mar 2020 19:58 pm:

shedwebadmin wrote:Good luck OG.

Expecting a bumper crop of fumblings to emerge whilst you are in the lock down..

One or two ideas have already sprung to mind!
www.fumblings.net
Vice-Captain

17 Mar 2020 10:00 am:

If you need anything Nick let me know
Hall of Famer

17 Mar 2020 12:21 pm:

West Oxon Glaws wrote:If you need anything Nick let me know

Cheers Craig.
www.fumblings.net
Hall of Famer

17 Mar 2020 13:08 pm:

Sickened to hear on BBC Radio Wales that there have been cases emerging of scum trying to trick elderly and vulnerable out of money ! :evil: .

How anyone can do this is beyond me. It actually potentially negates the kind efforts of all those genuine caring people who wan't to help those who are most vulnerable. One person being interviewed by Jason Mohammed remarked how one letter circulating from an apparent volunteer to do " chores and shopping ", had no name or persons address or ID and just a mobile number !. Now it may be possible the person ( as the interviewee remarked ) could have been genuine; but the elderly need to be educated clearly on what they need to do to be able to have some degree of confidence in any such help.

I am sure we all know it's best to join a recognised group and to show ID etc; and hopefully measures will be introduced to warn of severe penalties for those filthy-scum who prey on the vulnerable at this moment . It is bad enough in normal circumstances ; but now it is just plain evil !
Hero in the making

18 Mar 2020 12:45 pm:

Just found this thread. A great idea, and well done to Bullshed for starting it.

I'm in Uplands in Stroud, working from home and more than happy to help if I can. Either on line or in person.

Keep safe all.
Another yard boys, another yard!
Hero in the making

18 Mar 2020 13:13 pm:

All Spanish airports will be closed from Thursday.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something." ~ Plato
Senior squad member

23 Mar 2020 15:20 pm:

I have been in isolation with Coronavirus.

Started with slightly sore throat, two days later dry cough and couldn't taste my food or drinks, developed a temperature of 37.8 and took paracetamols to lower my temp, also had an upset stomach. Next day sinuses became very painful, woke up in the middle of the night dehydrated and sinuses were excruciating (paracetamols wouldn't touch it). Keep hydrated i found out the hard way. No runny nose or sneezing like a cold and nose wasnt blocked either. Muscle pains throughout and chills. Will feel like sleeping in the day as it makes you exhausted. Cough got better with every day. I'm 6 days in and much better now.

Must haves:

Decongestion medicine
Paracetamol
Bland food (you wont taste a thing anyway)
Last edited by ElmbridgeGlaws on 23 Mar 2020 17:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support