FIRSTJAB

On the board

Re: FIRSTJAB

05 Jan 2021 18:53 pm:

Screw political stances, lets now jab the hell out of this thing - all hands to the pumps :-)
If it's wet, drink it.
Hall of Famer

05 Jan 2021 20:07 pm:

Hear hear.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Jan 2021 20:13 pm:

Just train the amazon delivery drivers to do them... we would be done by next week!!
Vice-Captain

05 Jan 2021 21:19 pm:

The Vic wrote:Just train the amazon delivery drivers to do them... we would be done by next week!!

Doubtful, as most of the vaccines would then be either left on the doorstep or delivered to a neighbour :o

13 Jan 2021 12:26 pm:

Some EU countries wanted to get on with it, but the EU forbade them from doing so. The EU haven't a fast process, nor have they bought enough vaccine, or equipment or people to administer it to the levels needed. On this front the UK, out of the EU is able to move forward at great pace.

Germany has however, incurred the wrath of Brussels by following the UK's model and procuring the vaccine outside the formal EU process. There are some bitter arguments going on in the EU about it. The poorer EU countries are having to wait, it's far from solidarity.

It won't be long before the UK has 3M vaccinations completed; which is more than all the EU countries put together by a substantial margin.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 13:47 pm:

Agree Lewi about the EU being somewhat chaotic with this, though we are only so far ahead in vaccinations because we took the 'risk', call it a calculated gamble if you like, that our shortened approval process would not compromise the evaluation of the vaccine's efficacy. Similarly the decision to delay the 2nd jab in order to vaccinate a greater number of people is also a risk in that the there is no evidence from any of the vaccine producers that says there will no loss of protection from delaying it. However, there is no counter evidence either, there's just no evidence full stop. Our gamble is paying off in terms of the number vaccinated, whether that has any unwanted consequences I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 13:49 pm:

And no doubt you'll be the first to raise it AND apportion the blame............ :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 18:30 pm:

And when you grow a second nose I suppose you'll still think it was wondeful :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 19:07 pm:

Rather a second-nose than dead....................plus I have some faith in scientists and the regulatory approval-process.

Will you be side-stepping any vaccination because you know better ??
Hall of Famer

13 Jan 2021 20:50 pm:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Rather a second-nose than dead....................plus I have some faith in scientists and the regulatory approval-process.

Will you be side-stepping any vaccination because you know better ??

I'll be queueing up with the rest of them GM. A limited protection is better than none. Pity our PM doesn't have the same faith in his scientists as you and I do, he's been ignoring/stalling on their advice for the last 6 months much to the demise of thousands.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support