Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes : 112

Senior squad member

Re: Vaccine Passport

05 Apr 2021 17:48 pm:

My understanding is that you can still have and transmit Covid when you have had the vaccine, so surely the requirement should be for everyone to have a negative test result? Once everyone has been offered both doses of the vaccine you can then switch to a proof of vaccination system or just accept that we have done what we can and accept the risk (domestically).

I believe that everyone who can have the vaccine should in order to protect those that can’t, but I’d stop short of mandatory vaccination or discriminating against those who choose not to have it by preventing them from accessing social events.
Vice-Captain

05 Apr 2021 17:52 pm:

Forest wrote:Can someone educate me on this? I can’t understand the reason for pass ports as surely the only ones at risk are the people who haven’t been vaccinated so if they aren’t vaccinated more fool them?

Vaccines prevent serious cases but are not 100% effective against infection, so you can still catch and spread COVID... plus the immunity response will lesson over time (prob requiring booster)....

Having said that the risk is a function of the number of cases in the general population - so if case numbers are low enough I don’t think passports for outdoor / stadium events will be required ultimately.

This is one reason I think passports are on the agenda.. it’s part of the “nudge theory” to get the level of vaccination high enough that the issue falls away.
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 18:38 pm:

Hopefully won't come to it as may be an issue for those without smart phones etc;.

Using the corollary ie; if you don't show one you won't be able to watch rugby live, I would think there is only one answer available.

IF they are also needed for travel abroad those refusing will quite simply stay behind in the UK !! ;) Maybe an infringement on our human rights but no real difference to a normal passport being used for travel abroad.

Get real....or miss out. :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 18:41 pm:

Not1eyed wrote:Absolutely, can’t see why anyone would have an issue with carrying a Covid passport

+1
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 18:44 pm:

Forest wrote:Can someone educate me on this? I can’t understand the reason for pass ports as surely the only ones at risk are the people who haven’t been vaccinated so if they aren’t vaccinated more fool them?

Yes but they can still clog up the NHS.
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 18:47 pm:

No rugby without a vaccination or rugby with it? We’ve gone a long, long time without seeing Gloucester live. Vaccinations have been shown to work, they work for flu to a degree also.I don’t understand the issue,unless you couldn’t give a stuff about your fellow supporters It stops people dying doesn’t it? Here’s the thing, some Gloucester supporters may well have lived if they had got the vaccine earlier, don’t we owe them something?
Last edited by Baz on 05 Apr 2021 18:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 18:54 pm:

Exactly. Well said Baz. There are some who will never grace CG again. :( :(

And why no-one should be breaking the Covid Rules OR turning a blind eye to those that selfishly are.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 19:00 pm:

To be honest, we should never need to attend anything in person any longer - the chip Bill Gates has included in the vaccine will allow us to watch the game remotely on the inside of our eyeballs and will transmit any cheering down to the players and referee/touch judge criticism direct to the officials.

Or maybe this belongs in the Rumours thread? :ugeek:
Senior squad member

05 Apr 2021 19:04 pm:

Forrester wrote:
TP17 wrote:Trust me Forrester, I’m not a fan of this government by a long stretch. But I’m glad that they are implementing this. In fact, I was worried that they weren’t going to. If this will help get things back to normal soon then I’m all for it. I believe that if a vaccination certificate is required for entry before all adults have been offered a jab then proof of a negative test will be accepted also.

A negative LF test? Utterly pointless if done at home as the government suggests, you can just enter the barcode and result yourself. Even if used properly they miss 30% of cases.

The true statistic is actually a 0.1% chance of a LF test delivering a false positive. They rarely deliver a false negative if used properly
Hall of Famer

05 Apr 2021 19:12 pm:

Baz wrote:No rugby without a vaccination or rugby with it? We’ve gone a long, long time without seeing Gloucester live. Vaccinations have been shown to work, they work for flu to a degree also.I don’t understand the issue,unless you couldn’t give a stuff about your fellow supporters It stops people dying doesn’t it? Here’s the thing, some Gloucester supporters may well have lived if they had got the vaccine earlier, don’t we owe them something?

I will happily receive the vaccine as soon as I’m offered it, this thread is about passports not vaccines. It’s entire possible to be pro one but anti the other.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support