86%
No
14%

Total votes : 112

Hall of Famer

Re: Vaccine Passport

06 Apr 2021 14:16 pm:

lucifer wrote:
Forrester wrote:Lockdown fatigue is inevitable though and problem is that the longer the vaccination program goes on the more nonsensical the rules will seem. At some point we have to say that we’ve protected the vulnerable we have to get on with our lives.

Yet we are continually being told that a 3rd wave,( worse than either the 1st or 2nd) will be the consequence of the next 2 stages of opening up and will be raging till August. If the majority of the population have been vaccinated by July, as we've been promised, why should this be the case?

That is a very good question.

06 Apr 2021 14:19 pm:

In which case what possible use is a passport!

- it's a pilot scheme - it's a typical exercise to find out what works and what doesn't.
- not everyone has yet had the vaccine.
- some have refused the offer, although that number is reducing, the Gov wants everyone to have it.
- not every country are as far ahead as the UK with vaccination.
On the board

06 Apr 2021 14:25 pm:

1. I am 36 years old (37 in July); when offered a Vaccine, I will be delighted to get stabbed in the arm! TWICE!

2. Adding a requirement to prove you have had the vaccine or at least a negative test before embarking on foreign travel is perfectly reasonable in the short term. As others have mentioned, a number of countries require confirmation of Yellow fever vaccinations when arriving from countries where it is endemic.

3. However, IMHO requiring some sort of Vaccine Passport to access facilities, pubs, hospitality and events in the UK is totally unacceptable and counter productive. Let's be honest here, the Government aren't going to be enforcing this, it will be left to the individual shops, pubs and venues to monitor and police it. Adding extra costs and the potential for confrontation on relatively low paid staff who I am sure will not be looking forward to arguing the toss with a disgruntled customer who can't evidence their Vaccine passport.
On the board

06 Apr 2021 14:25 pm:

COVID is a horrible virus that has unfortunately taken the lives of some of our fellow Gloucester Rugby supporters and their family members. We should continue to treat the virus with due respect but equally we cannot simply accept ongoing restrictions to our lives. I think the perceived 'public support' for a measure like Vaccines passports in the UK is mainly because it remains an abstract thought experiment. Once people start to feel the real world effects, that is when I think you will see the generally excellent and wide compliance with Covid regulations begin to waiver.

Everyone is well aware of the dangers and the consequences of getting this wrong, but people (particularly under the age of 30) are also fed up and enacting this, I believe, could quickly lead to levels of civil disobedience not seen since the Poll Tax riots in 1990. It feels wrong, it doesn't feel like something a British Government would even consider.

To answer the OP question, I would be incredibly unhappy if next season we are expected to show proof of vaccinations to enter the ground at Kingsholm and I would be requesting my money back.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 14:35 pm:

Baz wrote:For those that haven’t been vaccinated yet, I sympathise with you... but it is coming and you’ll be up and running for next season, as long as those lucky enough to see a live game protect what they have been fortunate to have got.

So for over a year we have all stayed home to protect the vulnerable, the economy has been shot to pieces because of it and many have had significant changes to their life.....but now the vulnerable have had their first shot they should be allowed these liberties back ahead of those who are less likely to get seriously ill from the virus and clog up the NHS?

You must appreciate how unbelievably selfish that sounds. I’m just guessing you’ve had your jab.

06 Apr 2021 15:04 pm:

Government aren't going to be enforcing this,

Ed, Nadhim Zahawi, the Covid Minsiter has pretty much said this, that passports for pubs / restaurants etc won't happen, proof is in the pudding of course, but that's what he's said.

The other good news is
- that there has recently been a big increase in ethnic minorities having or saying they'll have the vaccine.
- The Valneva vaccine is another UK made vaccine and has a high immune response rate.

However, SAGE are saying, as you might expect, that cases will rise once pubs / restaurants are opened on and after April 12th, although we've not seen a rise since schools / uni's returned.

I would say however, that there are alot of experts on social media and plenty speculating as to what might / might not happen - everyone's entitled to their view but it's sometimes difficult to cut through the noise.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:09 pm:

lovejoy wrote:
Baz wrote:For those that haven’t been vaccinated yet, I sympathise with you... but it is coming and you’ll be up and running for next season, as long as those lucky enough to see a live game protect what they have been fortunate to have got.

So for over a year we have all stayed home to protect the vulnerable, the economy has been shot to pieces because of it and many have had significant changes to their life.....but now the vulnerable have had their first shot they should be allowed these liberties back ahead of those who are less likely to get seriously ill from the virus and clog up the NHS?

You must appreciate how unbelievably selfish that sounds. I’m just guessing you’ve had your jab.

Yep, getting the second one Saturday. So what’s your answer to it Lovejoy? You stayed home to help out the NHS, I doubt if you gave a stuff about anyone else? The rules are the rules matey... but I did say I did have sympathy for those that hadn’t had it. Just for balance younger people are dying now, you want to play Russian roulette with their lives?
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:21 pm:

It doesn’t work with social buy in if one set is being seen to be given preferential treatment over others. Wait until everyone has had the chance of being jabbed then allow everyone equal opportunity.
The young have had to give up so much to protect the old and the old can’t wait a few months. Jeez.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:26 pm:

lovejoy wrote:It doesn’t work with social buy in if one set is being seen to be given preferential treatment over others. Wait until everyone has had the chance of being jabbed then allow everyone equal opportunity.
The young have had to give up so much to protect the old and the old can’t wait a few months. Jeez.

So you are saying that when we play London Irish in May and we can allow supporters back in, we shouldn’t because the younger generation haven’t been vaccinated ?
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:29 pm:

lovejoy wrote:It doesn’t work with social buy in if one set is being seen to be given preferential treatment over others. Wait until everyone has had the chance of being jabbed then allow everyone equal opportunity.

Exactly and that’s why the roadmap dates apply to all.

I understand if they want to use vaccine passport for test events, they need to prove protection etc.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support