Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes : 112

Hall of Famer

Re: Vaccine Passport

06 Apr 2021 15:31 pm:

By next season, we are told, everyone will have been offered the jab. Therefore there shouldn't be any age divide, those who haven't been vaccinated will presumably have chosen not to have it.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 15:39 pm:

Baz wrote:
lovejoy wrote:It doesn’t work with social buy in if one set is being seen to be given preferential treatment over others. Wait until everyone has had the chance of being jabbed then allow everyone equal opportunity.
The young have had to give up so much to protect the old and the old can’t wait a few months. Jeez.

So you are saying that when we play London Irish in May and we can allow supporters back in, we shouldn’t because the younger generation haven’t been vaccinated ?

Absolutely. All back or none. They have sacrificed so much to protect the vulnerable when the virus posed almost no risk to themselves, to now turn round and say I’m alright Jack you’ll have to wait just stinks quite frankly.
Why would you care if they’ve been vaccinated anyway? You’ve had your jabs so are protected.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 16:05 pm:

Perhaps the young scallywags should stand in the Shed and on the Tump and the oldies should sit down safely in the (what used to be) the Buildbase stand and the Grandstand? ;)
Previously Mark from Stroud
On the board

06 Apr 2021 16:07 pm:

Just for balance younger people are dying now, you want to play Russian roulette with their lives?

Baz, depending on your definition of young people I think it is pretty clear that your assertion is false.

For the week end 19th March, 2021 the number of people who had unfortunately died due to COVID (or it was mentioned on their death certificate) was 963 according to the ONS and Government figures. Those aged under 50 accounted for 33 deaths. Those over 50 accounted for 930. Of which more than two thirds were over 70 (697 in total).

Test events equally should not discriminate on whether you have had the vaccine or not. A Covid free test before may be suitable but I have issues with that too, mainly because you are either asking for the Government or clubs to pay for these tests on behalf of the supporters, or the supporters will have to pay for them directly.

By the time we are able to allow supporters back into the ground (early June), we will hopefully be in a position where the number of positive cases is in the single figures and the vast majority of the population (everyone aged 30+) will have had at least one jab. So it may be all academic.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 18:09 pm:

We should have an entire Forum on Shedweb for this type of thing...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... march-2021

Latest models from various sources. The greatest hits are peak deaths at about 800 a day on August 4th and herd imunity achieved in November.
Hall of Famer

06 Apr 2021 18:18 pm:

This thread should be on the Covid 19 Support forum.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 09:43 am:

Well that certainly succeeded in shutting down the debate!
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 11:30 am:

It is an issue that needs to be addressed by the Mods on here. It started off about Gloucester Rugby, but then descended into bashing Dominic Cummings. I would of liked to have seen it stay in the main forum, but when it derailed so far from the original topic, it had to move. Maybe some robust modding would of kept it on tract?

Unfortunately too many posters are still fighting old battles surrounding Brexit and Lockdown for a civilised debate.
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 12:19 pm:

Interesting idea as my original post and poll was surrounding my view that this will do nothing to affect Covid-19 but rather a lot to affect Gloucester Rugby. Hence the section I put it in :oops:
Hall of Famer

07 Apr 2021 13:29 pm:

It was in the correct forum CGC, as it had everything to do with Gloucester Rugby. Some of us attempted to keep it on track surrounding the argument of entrance to Kingsholm post lockdown easing, it was just a shame that some tried to hijack it for cheap political point scoring.

I honestly think there is a debate to be had on more robust modding when threads diverge too much from the thread title. I would like to see the odd warning shot across the bows of those who deveate too far or step out of line on occasion (myself included!).

Although we have changed the subject again, should it be moved to the non-rugby forum? :D
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support