Malvern Showground Vaccine Centre

Hall of Famer

Malvern Showground Vaccine Centre

06 Jun 2021 16:19 pm:

Just a little moan.

I have just driven for just under an hour for my appointment at Malvern Showground for my second jab. The place was deserted. Finally found a security man who said that the NHS contract with the ground has a clause that they can't use it if there is an event on. He said (at 4.00 this afternoon) that he had been told that all appointments had been cancelled by email or text, but that 120 people had so far turned up who he had to tell that a Militaria Exhibition was more important than their jab.

I didn't receive a text or email and neither did a couple of others I spoke to there.

End of moan.
Previously Mark from Stroud
Hall of Famer

Re: Malvern Showground Vaccine Centre

06 Jun 2021 18:10 pm:

On the basis that nearly 700,000 were vaccinated in Britain today (NHS figures) AND that there are no doubt clear clauses in contracts AND that you will easily be able to re-schedule AND that over 125/- families have been hit by the Covid death of someone who died pre-vaccine I have decided to fairly and squarely ignore your moan !!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What a lovely day for a drive from Stroud to the Malverns. Some good hostelries to sit outside in the sunshine as well. ;)
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 07 Jun 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

06 Jun 2021 18:28 pm:

It was only a small moan tucked away in the corner of Shedweb. But thank you for ignoring it. :lol:
Hall of Famer

07 Jun 2021 08:58 am:

That's annoying Mark, I hope you've been able to rebook. I've found the process to be very slick so far but given the sheer volumes there is bound to be hiccups along the way.
Hall of Famer

07 Jun 2021 14:16 pm:

lovejoy wrote:That's annoying Mark, I hope you've been able to rebook. I've found the process to be very slick so far but given the sheer volumes there is bound to be hiccups along the way.

Thanks for that Lovejoy. It was really the fact that there was nothing there to say that it was closed. A simple sign on the door would have helped. One lady was sitting in her car waiting for her appointment time to roll around, seemingly convinced that someone would be along in a minute.

And, yes, I have rebooked with no problems. Thanks again.
Hero in the making

11 Jun 2021 16:11 pm:

Sorry to hear this, MD. I hope you hadn't cancelled another important event that day.
It rather begs the question - why did the NHS booking process not know that there was another "booking" for the Militaria Exhibition that day? Poor communication between the parties concerned.
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator

Return to COVID-19 Support