Will only double jabbed be allowed into grounds?

Hero in the making

Will only double jabbed be allowed into grounds?

19 Jul 2021 23:30 pm:

Some chatter in the media, based on what our great leader said, that for sports events (like nightclubs) you'd need to prove you've been double jabbed to get it.
Could this really happen?
Hall of Famer

Re: Will only double jabbed be allowed into grounds?

19 Jul 2021 23:37 pm:

For the Covid pages maybe ; but why not ?.

Anything is possible with this Govt. It's a free for all lottery of guesswork and u-turns so be prepared for anything in the high risk corridors of power right now.

Whoops .....sorry Westglos I have probably condemned the thread now to the politics forum of the C-19 other place. :)
Hero in the making

20 Jul 2021 07:30 am:

RTS2 wrote:For the Covid pages maybe ; but why not ?.

Anything is possible with this Govt. It's a free for all lottery of guesswork and u-turns so be prepared for anything in the high risk corridors of power right now.

Whoops .....sorry Westglos I have probably condemned the thread now to the politics forum of the C-19 other place. :)

You're right RTS2. I put this thread in the wrong place.
My only excuse is my incompetence...happy for those who monitor/manage Shedweb to move it to the C-19 section.

20 Jul 2021 07:36 am:

Moved.
aka John Neary
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 07:57 am:

Why not ?? I am sure those excluded from vaccines for medical reasons will get a "pass".

Why should others who simple can't be ar5ed be allowed in ??

I would rather cater for the "responsible many" than the "daft few".
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 08:01 am:

What about children who haven't been offered one yet but have suffered so much through isolation when, thankfully, they are less impacted by the virus.
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 08:13 am:

lovejoy wrote:What about children who haven't been offered one yet but have suffered so much through isolation when, thankfully, they are less impacted by the virus.

Given that under 18s don't have to quarantine when returning from Amber List countries with fully vaccinated parents, I would imagine the same rules would apply. That would be the sensible and consistent option, which probably rules it out.
"In my experience, eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles."

Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 11:11 am:

It will probably happen but as we’ve seen from the latest wave the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or passing it on so it’s an utterly pointless exercise. Unless the aim is to coerce more youngsters into getting it of course!
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 11:19 am:

Forrester wrote:It will probably happen but as we’ve seen from the latest wave the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or passing it on so it’s an utterly pointless exercise. Unless the aim is to coerce more youngsters into getting it of course!

But it does significantly reduce your chance of catching it and passing on to others.
Hall of Famer

20 Jul 2021 11:36 am:

Forrester wrote:It will probably happen but as we’ve seen from the latest wave the vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it or passing it on so it’s an utterly pointless exercise. Unless the aim is to coerce more youngsters into getting it of course!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one- ... up-to-half
Next

Return to COVID-19 Support