Covid check for Sports fans at Stadia

On the board

Covid check for Sports fans at Stadia

10 Aug 2021 19:02 pm:

Is this the random test process and protocol to be copied at Kingsholm?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9879401/Football-fans-WONT-checked-Covid-vaccination-test-status-Premier-League-games.html

"Brentford vs Arsenal on Friday night - the Premier League revealed they will now conduct random spot-checks of fans' Covid-19 status at some grounds in the opening few weeks.

Former Manchester United defender and current Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville described the policy of random spot-checks as 'bizarre' in a tweet on Tuesday morning."
Hall of Famer

Re: Covid check for Sports fans at Stadia

11 Aug 2021 09:58 am:

Statistically pointless, if you look at the percentage vaccinated and then the percentage of spot checks carried out they are unlikely to find a needle in a haystack.
Hall of Famer

11 Aug 2021 10:55 am:

I guess it's a deterrent and whilst there are some selfish people who would turn up regardless this will make others thinks twice.
Hall of Famer

13 Aug 2021 08:22 am:

lovejoy wrote:I guess it's a deterrent and whilst there are some selfish people who would turn up regardless this will make others thinks twice.

Perhaps if stadia couldn't take the money until after the checks there might be less use of words like deterrent.
On the board

13 Aug 2021 09:29 am:

Castle Grim Reaper wrote:
lovejoy wrote:I guess it's a deterrent and whilst there are some selfish people who would turn up regardless this will make others thinks twice.

Perhaps if stadia couldn't take the money until after the checks there might be less use of words like deterrent.

I suppose the really good news, as encouraged by Govt and SAGE, is, if you are double jabbed you won't catch it or be contagious and the App also keeps you safe.

If you're watching Tennis or Horse Racing or GPs you don't need it anyway.
:roll:

Return to COVID-19 Support