Club position on COVID pass...

Senior squad member

Re: Club position on COVID pass...

19 Aug 2021 16:26 pm:

Forrester
Hall of Famer

19 Aug 2021 15:44 pm:

How is knowing how many vaccinated people are in the crowd useful?

My thoughts exactly.
Hero in the making

19 Aug 2021 17:24 pm:

richclark and forrester, Apologies, I didn't make it clear.
If there are 10,000 people in Kingsholm who are all double vaccinated and one non vaccinated person, that lone person may be exposed to at most, 3,500 people who despite double vaccination, might be infected. If there are 10,001 unvaccinated people, each of them is exposed to 10,000 potentially infected people. Therefore, being double vaccinated reduces the potential for others to become infected. I am not suggesting that Gloucester Rugby would use those data, I was simply trying to show that double vaccination of an individual, helps non-vaccinated people. That's my take on the data, others may know much more than I do and disagree!
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator
Hall of Famer

19 Aug 2021 18:11 pm:

I thought the whole point of the passport was to have safe events where everyone was vaccinated and there was little chance of transmission?
Now that that’s plainly not the case they really are redundant in my view.

If we truly want safe events the only way now is to test everyone on entry regardless of vaccination status.
Hero in the making

19 Aug 2021 18:43 pm:

The Delta variant has altered the position, in that vaccination does not reduce transmissability, but does reduce your chances of becoming infected. I don't think it was ever the case that only admitting double vaccinated people would ensure 100% safety (not that you are suggesting that was the case), but you would have a much better chance of avoiding infection when everyone is vaccinated.
Testing at entrance would be the way forward but would/could never happen. There is no instant test that would enable that.
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator
Hall of Famer

20 Aug 2021 12:23 pm:

Have a great time Dazza, first year for ages that I haven't been. I thoroughly recommend the Nepalese food, just to the left of the main stage (dum-dums). The Levellers on Sunday are always good, as is the fireworks. 2019 was very special as they played the Glastonbury set in full. Enjoy.
Senior squad member

23 Aug 2021 17:39 pm:

tigerchef wrote:Have a great time Dazza, first year for ages that I haven't been. I thoroughly recommend the Nepalese food, just to the left of the main stage (dum-dums). The Levellers on Sunday are always good, as is the fireworks. 2019 was very special as they played the Glastonbury set in full. Enjoy.

Thanks Tiger, was my second visit - amazing weekend again, see you there next year!
Hall of Famer

12 Sep 2021 16:30 pm:

Looks like common sense will prevail at last.
Senior squad member

12 Sep 2021 17:20 pm:

Forrester wrote:Looks like common sense will prevail at last.

Hear, hear!
Previous

Return to COVID-19 Support