Club position on COVID pass...

Senior squad member

Re: Club position on COVID pass...

18 Aug 2021 00:41 am:

Lebowski wrote:There are many, many medical experts who have a completely contrary view, but you won’t find their opinions on main stream media, all of which is controlled by the same people. If you’ve never heard of Vanguard and Black Rock you’ll probably find that hard to believe.

In the uk, each newspaper has its own agenda. As much as I agree that vanguard & black rock are very powerful companies, they aren’t influential enough to make the Mail & the Guardian agree on an agenda to some conspiracy, when their agendas are based on broadcasting the polar opposite of each other.
If you’re choosing not to get your facts from UK mainstream media, fine - just make sure that you’re not getting your facts off an internet source that isn’t just 17 year old Kyle from Kentucky.
Hall of Famer

18 Aug 2021 06:44 am:

+1
Cherchez la truffe
Dude

18 Aug 2021 06:47 am:

I could refer you to many, many videos which are not 17 year olds but thanks anyway. And you won’t find anything on google or (for long) on Youtube for obvious reasons. What is happening goes far beyond petty political differences between individual newspapers. What has Biden done to reverse any Trump policies? Where is Starmer’s opposition to Johnson? Rhetorical questions as you’d be hard pressed to find much at all. Maybe ask yourself why.

I also disagree completely about the power of Black Rock and Vanguard (and the 4 or 5 other bodies which collectively control literally everything in the western world) but I’m not trying to change anybody’s views. We all have our own.
Vice-Captain

18 Aug 2021 07:19 am:

I’m intrigued, what is your beef with vanguard?

Or is just general capitalism you’re against?

From my knowledge your statement is nonsensical.
Hall of Famer

18 Aug 2021 07:46 am:

Any chance this could now be moved to the non-rugby or covid section ?
Dude

18 Aug 2021 07:53 am:

That was predictable.

I was going to write a lengthy response but I’ll leave it there.
Hall of Famer

18 Aug 2021 11:22 am:

Lebowski wrote:That was predictable.

I was going to write a lengthy response but I’ll leave it there.

Please do. what is Black Rock and what's it got to do with covid? Google suggests an American investment firm or a 2012 horror film?
Hall of Famer

18 Aug 2021 14:03 pm:

Unfortunately we live in an age when people are very susceptible to all the conspiracy theory rubbish. Just look at Qanon or the Mypillow Moron.
Vice-Captain

18 Aug 2021 16:12 pm:

For those with Netflix I'd highly recommend 'The social dilemma' which goes a long way to explaining the explosion in conspiracy theories.

We're all susceptible to confirmation bias as well as other behavioural traits but the advent of social media has made this so much worse.

I was generally interested to know what stories there are on Vanguard as I know a decent amount about the firm. The founder, Jack Bogle, is a bit of a hero in my line of work having literally passed up billions by establishing it as a mutual. The company is a proper disruptor which resulted significant savings in the investment space, taking it away from fat cat investment companies and and passing them onto the end consumer.
Hall of Famer

18 Aug 2021 19:06 pm:

Anyway, you need a Covid Passport or proof of a negative test to get into Beautiful Days in a couple of weeks time. I think we can stop all the 'government control' nonsense, if the Levelers are asking you to abide by the rules .

Yes I know, they sold themselves out with 'Leveling the Land'. Let it go.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support