Masks

Hall of Famer

Re: Masks

14 Oct 2021 17:18 pm:

Bod - are you a Covid denier OR an anti-Vaxxer ??

Or simply a WUM ??

Word of advice - don't tell the family of a Covid deceased that you think it is a "pantomime".
Last edited by Gloucester Mute on 15 Oct 2021 09:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Hero in the making

14 Oct 2021 20:28 pm:

Clive's Pants wrote:Please can we stick to the science. Wearing a mask is to protect others from the risk of you infecting them. Its protection of you from others is statistically insignificant.

Clive's Pants, can you give me the reference for this assertion, please? Or perhaps steckers will, who is baffled by "the amount (sic) of people who fail to understand this".
Genuine question!
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator
Hero in the making

14 Oct 2021 20:36 pm:

Sticki wrote:Lost count of the amount (sic)of times I have been insulted in this post :lol:

By getting double jabbed, you've earned the freedom to choose whether to wear a mask.
I assume all the people throwing insults to those not wearing one, haven't been in a bar, restaurant or to friends houses and removed their mask when sat down inside.
Or are they naive enough to think Covid only operates above 5 foot?

It's not going away, we're all going to get it eventually. Diseases/infections always reappear when vaccination rates drop below 95% of the population. Bear in mind due to anti-vaxxers we're not going to get near 95%, you could be condemning yourself to a life time of wearing masks.
I commend people for continuing to wear them as it's their choice, but please don't guilt/shame others into trying to follow suit

There is so much in this post to disagree with, so I will limit myself to two issues.
Firstly, why does being "double jabbed" give you the freedom to choose whether to wear a mask or not? What is the basis for this claim?
Secondly, the percentage of people who need to be vaccinated to achieve herd immunity for covid-19 is unknown at the moment. The 95% figure you cite, is for measles (WHO). The figure for polio is 80% (WHO), so there is no consistent figure which applies to all diseases we have vaccines against.
On the board

15 Oct 2021 09:26 am:

Gloucester Mute wrote:Bod - are you a Covid denier OR an anti-Vaxxer ??

Or simply a WUM ??

Word of advice - don't tell the family of a Covid diseaced that you think it is a "pantomime".

I don't know any "Covid deceased" and the 28 day catch-all might imply that there are very few direct Covid deaths

I know of 5 folks ( direct family and old friends) who've died of cancer who were unaware of any condition before March 2020 who's acess to diagnosis and treatment was impeded by the pantomime and the fumblings and charades enacted by the characters and players involved across the NHS

I'm not anti-vax or denying of a novel illness. Causing mass hysteria driven by a Govt ponzi scheme where everyone from the top down has made a mint from a very Darwinian bronchial illness, and the dumb taxpayer at the bottom will carry the can for it all is kind of where I'm coming from.

Pay £90 a pop for a test 2 days after return from Greece under pain of prosecution and fines??? For what?? I fulfilled this requirement more than 3 weeks ago and have not received the slightest news or acknowlegement.
On the board

15 Oct 2021 21:34 pm:

Actually, Cv19 has been recognised as a vascular disease for some time now. It does manifest as a disease of the lungs in a lot of cases but there are many more issues that can emerge when infected.
Pfizer_Breakthroughs-COVID-19_Head_to_Toe_final.jpg
On the board

01 Nov 2021 18:53 pm:

Russglos wrote:Actually, Cv19 has been recognised as a vascular disease for some time now. It does manifest as a disease of the lungs in a lot of cases but there are many more issues that can emerge when infected.
Pfizer_Breakthroughs-COVID-19_Head_to_Toe_final.jpg

Sure
With an existing underlying vulnerability.

And?
Hero in the making

02 Nov 2021 23:33 pm:

Sure

And?[/quote]

You are completely wrong, Bod. You do NOT have to have an underlying vulnerability to have all the multisystem manifestations of covid-19. There are many previously fit individuals of all ages who have had severe disease and death, with no prior health concerns.
You really need to stop spouting utter garbage on a subject of which you clearly have no understanding. It is becoming quite tiresome.
On the board

03 Nov 2021 00:03 am:

TheOptimistSenior wrote:Sure

And?

You are completely wrong, Bod. You do NOT have to have an underlying vulnerability to have all the multisystem manifestations of covid-19. There are many previously fit individuals of all ages who have had severe disease and death, with no prior health concerns.
You really need to stop spouting utter garbage on a subject of which you clearly have no understanding. It is becoming quite tiresome.[/quote]
Not many
Some
Obesity and general poor life style is delivering the Darwinian outcomes
Site Admin

03 Nov 2021 09:51 am:

Bod, you are trivialising and disrespecting the deaths and life affecting serious illnesses of many people with these posts.

Plenty of people on this site have lost someone to COVID, worked on the front-lines, at risk to themselves or have loved ones that do. Some have very vulnerable immediate family members, loved ones and children, and genuinely fear for their safety.

It's time for you to recognise this, and desist, please.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

03 Nov 2021 10:05 am:

I suspect Bod is trolling as I fail to believe anyone with a degree of intelligence can truly believe this nonsense.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support