Masks

Hero in the making

Re: Masks

01 Oct 2021 09:24 am:

Lost count of the amount of times I have been insulted in this post :lol:

By getting double jabbed, you've earned the freedom to choose whether to wear a mask.
I assume all the people throwing insults to those not wearing one, haven't been in a bar, restaurant or to friends houses and removed their mask when sat down inside.
Or are they naive enough to think Covid only operates above 5 foot?

It's not going away, we're all going to get it eventually. Diseases/infections always reappear when vaccination rates drop below 95% of the population. Bear in mind due to anti-vaxxers we're not going to get near 95%, you could be condemning yourself to a life time of wearing masks.
I commend people for continuing to wear them as it's their choice, but please don't guilt/shame others into trying to follow suit
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 12:19 pm:

TBH, I have no issue at all with wearing masks forever - I haven't had a cold in 18 months, so it's worth it just for that.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 12:37 pm:

I say again....
Clive's Pants wrote:Please can we stick to the science. Wearing a mask is to protect others from the risk of you infecting them. Its protection of you from others is statistically insignificant.

01 Oct 2021 12:42 pm:

Clive's Pants wrote:I say again....
Clive's Pants wrote:Please can we stick to the science. Wearing a mask is to protect others from the risk of you infecting them. Its protection of you from others is statistically insignificant.

Depends on the mask being worn to be totally fair...but in principle you are correct...that is the statistical approach to wearing of masks in close contact.
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong....
Hero in the making

01 Oct 2021 12:54 pm:

Despite the high levels of vaccinations, the level needed to suppress the virus is extremely unlikely to be met.
So Covid in 1 form or another will always be around, meaning we will all get it eventually.

With that in mind, I'm assuming all of those that are adamant to continue to wear masks, possibly forever, have done everything in their power to improve their fitness and wellbeing over the passed 18 months?
Or have they just taken the easy option of vaccination and mask?
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 13:00 pm:

Can this one be moved to the not rugby thread?
Keyser Sose
Dude

01 Oct 2021 13:02 pm:

Good call! Interesting threads get unilaterally moved all the time. Sadly.
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 13:04 pm:

Lebowski wrote:Good call! Interesting threads get unilaterally moved all the time. Sadly.

Nothing sad about it. There is an entire section of this site dedicated to non rugby matters where those who wish to discuss the burning issues of the day can do so happily. It is but a click away.
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 13:11 pm:

Sticki wrote:Despite the high levels of vaccinations, the level needed to suppress the virus is extremely unlikely to be met.
So Covid in 1 form or another will always be around, meaning we will all get it eventually.

With that in mind, I'm assuming all of those that are adamant to continue to wear masks, possibly forever, have done everything in their power to improve their fitness and wellbeing over the passed 18 months?

Maybe it's my comprehension but I'm very confused by your approach. I am double jabbed but continue to wear a mask in close contact situations because - as mentioned above, I am protecting others from the small but still existing risk I pose to them. If I refuse to do so then I am saying I don't care if I pass it on as I don't care about other people. Isn't that the very definition of 'selfish'?
Hero in the making

01 Oct 2021 13:26 pm:

stevieb wrote:
Sticki wrote:Despite the high levels of vaccinations, the level needed to suppress the virus is extremely unlikely to be met.

Maybe it's my comprehension but I'm very confused by your approach. I am double jabbed but continue to wear a mask in close contact situations because - as mentioned above, I am protecting others from the small but still existing risk I pose to them. If I refuse to do so then I am saying I don't care if I pass it on as I don't care about other people. Isn't that the very definition of 'selfish'?

Masks help SLOW the spread, they're not a fire wall. And if you stick to the science, it says "when combined with other preventative measures of vaccinating, washing hands and physical distancing".

So surely by not physical distancing, you're also being 'Selfish'?
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support