Masks

Hall of Famer

Re: Masks

01 Oct 2021 14:16 pm:

Sticki wrote:Despite the high levels of vaccinations, the level needed to suppress the virus is extremely unlikely to be met.
So Covid in 1 form or another will always be around, meaning we will all get it eventually.

With that in mind, I'm assuming all of those that are adamant to continue to wear masks, possibly forever, have done everything in their power to improve their fitness and wellbeing over the passed 18 months?
Or have they just taken the easy option of vaccination and mask?

Struth! I don't have the energy to repeat myself for a 3rd time. Please continue in ignorance.
Hero in the making

01 Oct 2021 14:30 pm:

Clive's Pants wrote:
Sticki wrote:Despite the high levels of vaccinations, the level needed to suppress the virus is extremely unlikely to be met.
So Covid in 1 form or another will always be around, meaning we will all get it eventually.

With that in mind, I'm assuming all of those that are adamant to continue to wear masks, possibly forever, have done everything in their power to improve their fitness and wellbeing over the passed 18 months?
Or have they just taken the easy option of vaccination and mask?

Struth! I don't have the energy to repeat myself for a 3rd time. Please continue in ignorance.

Neither should I have to repeat myself, I don't have to wear a mask.

And as you're all about the Science, I assume you were one of the very few people I saw wearing a Surgical mask in the ground last week? Not one of those relatively ineffective cloth or home-made ones?
The Scientific research has shown one person wearing two surgical masks (doubling masking) is as effective at stopping that person getting covid, as a group of people all wearing cloth/home-made masks

The most effective thing you can do at not spreading covid is not joining the crowd.
It seems like everyone has a different level of acceptable selfishness
Kingsholm - Where losing is a lost art
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 16:54 pm:

As Boris says, we should trust the common sense of the British public.

Anyone know where I can get petrol?
Hall of Famer

01 Oct 2021 19:18 pm:

glawfindel wrote:TBH, I have no issue at all with wearing masks forever - I haven't had a cold in 18 months, so it's worth it just for that.

I'm not sure that's a good thing.
Hero in the making

08 Oct 2021 19:36 pm:

Have decided against going to the game tomorrow. Some very vocal contributions to the thread have helped me make the decision. Like GM and CB, at the moment, the balance of risk/benefit is on the risk side.
As an aside, I would be very keen to have the references for the scientific evidence some have quoted in this thread, for and against mask wearing, if anyone can provide it.
DavidSillince, aka the obtuse senator
Hall of Famer

08 Oct 2021 20:51 pm:

Shame to hear that TOS. Some of the peer reviewed links can be found in this article:

https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Very difficult to make a judgement on what posters on here have written. Not looking to start a fight, so please don't anyone pick one. Think it's a shame that people like yourself, CB and GM are not happy in taking a risk in attending the game tomorrow.

Personally I would like the club to provide some 'covid safe' areas. These could be in the corner of the Stowford Press stand, social distancing in place, drinks to your seat, get in early etc. At least the club would be seen to be offering an olive branch to season ticket holders. Its not as if we don't have enough space! (Not a dig at LB, again go and pick your fight elsewhere anyone).

I would say that this virus isn't going away anytime soon and life should be lived. I really hope you reconsider your decision and attend tomorrow. You will love it. Most of all though, take care of yourself first.
Hero in the making

09 Oct 2021 08:27 am:

We live in the republic of Wales. We have to comply with the WG law or be punished. But I thought that masks were a thing of the past in England. I note the latest information from the club is that we must wear masks when inside the ground. Hardly anyone had them on for the previous two home matches this season. I don’t mind either way. Just want to do what’s right
Hall of Famer

09 Oct 2021 08:30 am:

It does seem to have become optional, personally I wear one in shops and on public transport, but not outside.
On the board

13 Oct 2021 18:43 pm:

I've never worn a mask other than when the airtravel has obliged as part of the pantomime
Hall of Famer

14 Oct 2021 17:16 pm:

In my book that makes you a selfish individual and one reason why our country has so many cases in society at the moment. I think this removes your right to moan about lockdowns, case loads or funding healthcare to cope with the pandemic. Sadly those of us who are more conscious of others will suffer the consequences of YOUR actions.
PreviousNext

Return to COVID-19 Support