William Blessing

William Blessing

Captain Jolly 20 Mar 2017 19:08 pm said..

I'm sad to report that Derek Rees, long standing Bristol Rugby and Gloucestershire County Cricket supporter, died earlier this month.

KC members may remember him from reading his bizarre posts but to my knowledge he never appeared on Shedweb (he may have been blocked) His best work was reserved for the COML site, some of which were quite priceless if off the wall. Like many Glaws, Briz and Gloucestershire supporters he was not a fan of B--f rugby. Sadly Derek did not enjoy the best of health in recent years following a stroke.

I apologise if this has been posted in an earlier thread which I may have missed.
Westy is watching.
Captain Jolly
Hero in the making

Re: William Blessing

SirHenry 20 Mar 2017 19:32 pm said..

I read his posts as WB with both bemusement and amusement.
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
SirHenry
Hero in the making

Lebowski 20 Mar 2017 19:50 pm said..

I had decided I was done with Shedweb - for reasons which aren't important in light of news like this. I only mention it because this has moved me to post.

I always read his posts with great joy and amusement and was bemused why they stopped appearing on here. He was a great humourist and to his credit never seemed to be phased by the ignorant and petty responses he often received - sadly all rugby forums have a number of ignorant morons.

Derek was one of the true characters of our game and will be sadly missed. Personally I loved his sense of humour and feel rugby is very much the poorer for his passing. If he was a friend of yours CJ then my sincerest condolences. May he rest in peace.
Lebowski

Glen Sannox 20 Mar 2017 20:35 pm said..

Very sad - had many an exchange of banter with him.

Lebowski, you're off are you? Sad if you are
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

Alfred Lord Tension 20 Mar 2017 21:14 pm said..

William Blessing
Long form postings
Gentle
Bizarre
Rambling
Imbued with love of the game
Sleep well William
Alfred Lord Tension
Vice-Captain

caldiglaws 20 Mar 2017 23:45 pm said..

short but heartfelt ALT thank you for putting what would take me much longer to say
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Return to Gloucester Rugby