Team's Up

Re: Team's Up

Big Red 21 Apr 2017 11:52 am said..

No Eaton or Vito and Botia (a 12) at 7. Going to be enormously difficult, but suddenly feeling a lot more optimistic...
Big Red
Hero in the making

Castle Grim Reaper 21 Apr 2017 11:58 am said..

Unless things have changed, they have gone light scrum, heavy scrum-half :?
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

TP17 21 Apr 2017 12:06 pm said..

I'm no more optimistic than usual, if anything less, this will be a huge challenge. Come on Glaws!
TP17
Senior squad member

BishopHooper 21 Apr 2017 12:25 pm said..

Pleased to see Atonio's head injury has got better, or was it his back?
BishopHooper
Senior squad member

Fat Taff 21 Apr 2017 13:01 pm said..

Don't get the non selection of Sharples, he's a far better player than DH IMHO.

This is a hell of a challenge, really hope the guys can get out there a give it a big go after a crappy week off the pitch
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

RTS2 21 Apr 2017 13:03 pm said..

An earlier K.O time would have been perfect as the daytime temperatures will be around 21 degrees . That would have suited us .

By K.O time it will be a lot cooler .

This game can be won . Central tactics have to be around the breakdown ; where we can win the tussle and we need to play a fast rucking game where again we can outplay them too.

They have a good defencce ; the best in France this season and we will need to be sharpe at half - back.

Billy will have to be at his best up against Brock James ; whose been a central playmaker for them this season . Our Back Row need to be breathing on him :) and will need to work overtime to protect BB.

They will also target the line - out ; and hopefully this will be water tight and have been worked - on big -time this week.

We need to hit them fast and get points on the board asap .

They are a side who can be beaten; but we have to be faster in all areas and hopefully both of our wingers will get chance to run at them.

Just keep it solid and simple at scrum - time . Feel the way first and we might even surprise the Dr. ! ;)

Looking forward to this one !
RTS2
Hall of Famer

Big Red 21 Apr 2017 13:08 pm said..

Fat Taff wrote:Don't get the non selection of Sharples, he's a far better player than DH IMHO.

This is a hell of a challenge, really hope the guys can get out there a give it a big go after a crappy week off the pitch

I thought this as well, but perhaps they're going with a player that did well against them in the home win. Seem to remember DH having a cracking game and absolutely creaming one of their players.
Big Red
Hero in the making

Fat Taff 21 Apr 2017 13:16 pm said..

Big Red wrote:
Fat Taff wrote:Don't get the non selection of Sharples, he's a far better player than DH IMHO.

I thought this as well, but perhaps they're going with a player that did well against them in the home win. Seem to remember DH having a cracking game and absolutely creaming one of their players.

DH plays well in fits and starts. Charlie is a consistently high performer. DH has the odd stinker, Charlie doesn't. For games like this, you have your best players starting, that should be Charlie. All my opinion of course, not fact!
Fat Taff
Hall of Famer

ryno_chelt 21 Apr 2017 13:51 pm said..

RTS2 wrote:
They will also target the line - out ; and hopefully this will be water tight and have been worked - on big -time this week.

We need to hit them fast and get points on the board asap .

They are a side who can be beaten; but we have to be faster in all areas and hopefully both of our wingers will get chance to run at them.

Just keep it solid and simple at scrum - time . Feel the way first and we might even surprise the Dr. ! ;)

Looking forward to this one !

Looking at their team, I do wonder about their own line out, do they have many line out options. We have 5 genuine options, they have 2 maybe 3. Qovu - stands at 6,4/6,5 and 22 stone - not sure how high he is getting in the air. The other row is around 6,3 so we should definitely compete! That makes me think we should perhaps have Galarza starting.

Worried about the scrums. They have seemed shaky for the past few years, Afoa has done a job, but it still creeks at times.

Really hope we can do this, it's possible, huge team effort needed. Come on Glawssss
ryno_chelt
First team regular

ryno_chelt 21 Apr 2017 14:03 pm said..

Botia is a player I would love to have, he is one hell of a destructive runner, but I think he is underutilised a little in the forwards.

David H who does blow hot and cold is an interesting call. I rate Sharples and look forward to him coming off the bench. Big H's opposite man is pretty lightweight, 5,7 and 13 stone wet....I can see us playing very direct down his channel. With that said, Sharples is one of the best under the high ball.

Excited about this one!
ryno_chelt
First team regular
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion