Ross Moriarty

Ross Moriarty

Sticki 17 Jun 2017 06:03 am said..

Gutted for him, out of the tour with a nerve injury
Last edited by Sticki on 17 Jun 2017 07:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sticki
Vice-Captain

Re: Ross Moriarty

Steve M 17 Jun 2017 06:06 am said..

Just heard, Gatland says he wont play again on tour. At least he got one match and did well. Hope its nothing long term and he gets himself home and fit soonest ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Senior squad member

juanhunglo 17 Jun 2017 07:41 am said..

Bad news for Ross after a storming season, he deserved better.
juanhunglo
First team regular

steckers 17 Jun 2017 07:45 am said..

Such a shame, I was convinced he would feature in the tests.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Diamo 17 Jun 2017 08:48 am said..

Real shame, and much much less than he deserved. Hope he's ok and recovering well. Only silver lining is a bit more rest before the start of Gloucester's season to be fit and raring to go again.
Posts: 480  Location: Munich mostly and sometimes the sprawling metropolis of Stroud
Diamo
Vice-Captain

madders 17 Jun 2017 09:29 am said..

Awful injury as recovery is very slow and variable - this sort of thing could last for a very long time.
madders
Hall of Famer

CMGC 17 Jun 2017 09:45 am said..

I haven't seen a proper description of the injury. Anyone seen one apart from back spasm?
CMGC

Glossince86 17 Jun 2017 09:57 am said..

I believe Thrush's injury was nerve related - hope it's not as bad as that. Best wishes Ross
Last edited by Glossince86 on 19 Jun 2017 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glossince86
Hero in the making

Dadofvik 18 Jun 2017 09:09 am said..

Great blow for Ross. Deserves better.
On this subject, wouldn't it be good if, having been an original pick, the injured players stay on the tour. I know money comes into it, but we have just seen six replace two!
Dadofvik
Vice-Captain

Glossince86 19 Jun 2017 10:17 am said..

Dadofvik wrote:Great blow for Ross. Deserves better.
On this subject, wouldn't it be good if, having been an original pick, the injured players stay on the tour. I know money comes into it, but we have just seen six replace two!

As well as cost saving, it also means better continuity of care for the players if they get back to their team medical staff rather than being disjointed. The Lions medical team will be there to diagnose and treat minor injuries only. Each club will have slightly different rehab protocols so better a player follows a set plan than merging from one to another...
Glossince86
Hero in the making

Return to General Discussion