League predictions (just for fun)

Re: League predictions (just for fun)

Oxford Glaws 17 Jul 2017 09:41 am said..

I consistently tip Glaws to end up about two places higher than they actually achieve. So to avoid a potential mathematical impossibility (and the universe subsequently collapsing in on itself) I'm going 10th.
1Thes.5 [14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feeble-minded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Oxford Glaws
Hall of Famer

Lebowski 17 Jul 2017 10:03 am said..

Blimey Mute, you call me a killjoy then write a post that would have Matthieu Ricard heading for Beachey Head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, I don't have a clue where we will finish and don't see how anybody else does either. What I do believe however is we will be much tougher than last season. JA will make an enormous difference. I posted time and time again last season that we were not a happy camp, and the reasons why. Some on here consistently disbelieved what I said, and probably still do. It was true though. JA will instill a completely different culture and attitude. If you'd turned up to meet SV Mute you would have seen how genuinely impressed and excited he is about JA. I spoke to him last week and while he had to check himself and try not to get carried away, he couldn't disguise his admiration for the man.

I have no idea if the changes will make us finish top 6, mid table or where, but I am excited about the new season.
That rug really tied the room together!
Lebowski

Tim in Shropshire 17 Jul 2017 10:20 am said..

Baz wrote:It might be 'a bit of fun' but it's funny how Gloucester supporters have changed. We used to be 'one eyed' and delighted in the fact. We even have a guy posting as 'Not one eyed' who thinks he's the only one in the village. Well he's patently not. Well done on being a 'balanced' and 'open minded' forum but would your Grandparents, Great Grandparents or your own inspirations for supporting this great club think? Not a lot I would guess.

I apologise to those who do get what 'Gloucester rugby' is all about but too many don't seem to have a clue. Do you honestly think 40 or 50 years ago we were stuffing sides with our wondrous Rugby and exceptional talent? No, much better teams than Gloucester lost because we just beat them up. Do you think 'The Shed' got it's reputation because it appreciated the talent in the opposing team. Of course not. Mostly Gloucester supporters only thought there were two Rugby teams........ Gloucester and Gloucester United.

Sadly, in years to come supporters will ask "How did Gloucester get their reputation" There will be few around to tell them how, based on this thread. So delight in your balanced,well thought out views and your tips for a bottom 4 finish. You may well be proved to be right, so well done in advance. I just think it's sad that any self respecting supporter of our club can write us off before a ball is kicked. A sign of the times maybe and another reason 'The Shed' is often quiet?

It's a new season, with a superb signing as head coach about to take over. If Ackerman was taking on any other Premiership team, I would be jealous........ but he's not. As Lebowski said, we don't know what's going to happen. As Dean used to say, so many Imponderables, Variables,marginals and intangibles but here's a novel suggestion.........Let's wait a few games before writing us off, even if you think it's pie in the sky. Your Inspirations didn't.

Well said Baz.
Tim in Shropshire
Vice-Captain

Mackemglaws 17 Jul 2017 11:09 am said..

We live in very different times! The past has long gone.
Mackemglaws
Hall of Famer

covglaws 17 Jul 2017 11:28 am said..

Tim in Shropshire wrote:
Baz wrote:It might be 'a bit of fun' but it's funny how Gloucester supporters have changed. We used to be 'one eyed' and delighted in the fact. We even have a guy posting as 'Not one eyed' who thinks he's the only one in the village. Well he's patently not. Well done on being a 'balanced' and 'open minded' forum but would your Grandparents, Great Grandparents or your own inspirations for supporting this great club think? Not a lot I would guess.

I apologise to those who do get what 'Gloucester rugby' is all about but too many don't seem to have a clue. Do you honestly think 40 or 50 years ago we were stuffing sides with our wondrous Rugby and exceptional talent? No, much better teams than Gloucester lost because we just beat them up. Do you think 'The Shed' got it's reputation because it appreciated the talent in the opposing team. Of course not. Mostly Gloucester supporters only thought there were two Rugby teams........ Gloucester and Gloucester United.

Sadly, in years to come supporters will ask "How did Gloucester get their reputation" There will be few around to tell them how, based on this thread. So delight in your balanced,well thought out views and your tips for a bottom 4 finish. You may well be proved to be right, so well done in advance. I just think it's sad that any self respecting supporter of our club can write us off before a ball is kicked. A sign of the times maybe and another reason 'The Shed' is often quiet?

It's a new season, with a superb signing as head coach about to take over. If Ackerman was taking on any other Premiership team, I would be jealous........ but he's not. As Lebowski said, we don't know what's going to happen. As Dean used to say, so many Imponderables, Variables,marginals and intangibles but here's a novel suggestion.........Let's wait a few games before writing us off, even if you think it's pie in the sky. Your Inspirations didn't.

Well said Baz.

+1

On that basis, peering through my one eye into the crystal ball.

1 Gloucester
2 Who care
3 ditto
4 ditto
5 ditto
6 ditto
7 ditto
8 ditto
9 ditto
10 ditto
11 ditto
12 Bath
:lol:
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 888  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
On the board

stuartjames 17 Jul 2017 11:48 am said..

Covglaws, I hope your right, but I expect it'll be somewhere below No1 but hopefully above 10,9,8 or 7th.

I will predict major gnashing of teeth wherever we finish, 5th place and they'll be complaints about not making the top 4 etc.

JA is our 4th coach since Dean Ryan's attempts at glory, maybe this time .....
stuartjames
Vice-Captain

Hobgoblin 17 Jul 2017 11:59 am said..

I am a Gloucester season ticket holder & have been for many a year, my son who lives in Malvern goes to watch Worcester (although born & bred in Glos ). He reads shedweb & cannot believe the negativity towards the Warriors he does not agree they will be in a relegation battle this year & expects them to have a good season. He still supports Gloucester, when I ask why go to Worcester he states it is a lot cheaper to buy a family ticket at Worc. also it is a better stadium to take his family to.
Getting back to the topic of this post I cannot see us being more than 7/8th again this year with the signings so far.
Hobgoblin
First team regular

kingsholmmick 17 Jul 2017 12:00 pm said..

Well said baz. I can't believe the pessimism here tbh. New coach and new players gives me reason to be positive for glaws, as I usually am. I will go for 6th based on my optimism !
kingsholmmick
Hero in the making

Simmo468 17 Jul 2017 12:03 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Blimey Mute, you call me a killjoy then write a post that would have Matthieu Ricard heading for Beachey Head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I said, I don't have a clue where we will finish and don't see how anybody else does either. What I do believe however is we will be much tougher than last season. JA will make an enormous difference. I posted time and time again last season that we were not a happy camp, and the reasons why. Some on here consistently disbelieved what I said, and probably still do. It was true though. JA will instill a completely different culture and attitude. If you'd turned up to meet SV Mute you would have seen how genuinely impressed and excited he is about JA. I spoke to him last week and while he had to check himself and try not to get carried away, he couldn't disguise his admiration for the man.

I have no idea if the changes will make us finish top 6, mid table or where, but I am excited about the new season.

I think I would be happy to have another mediocre season or two if that is what it takes JA to get the culture right.
Since Dean Ryan left maybe even before there has been something wrong at the core and no one seems to have rooted it out.
I think we have improved in some areas under LF but he never got to the bottom of the underlying issues.
Simmo468
Hero in the making

Welly 17 Jul 2017 12:17 pm said..

if tigers get some of the signings we have been linked to i'm pretty hopeful of a good season.

We have a very good tight 5. and out starting 9,10,12,13 IF fit are great.

Just need some more finishing ability.
Welly
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion