Rumours

Re: Rumours

shawnsheep 13 Aug 2017 12:37 pm said..

Could it have something to do with the fact that funds and playing budgets are limited

Is this true, am I the only one who doesn't think the Fearns money and compo has been spent. I am either expecting one stellar or a couple of good players to come and for me, a gain breaking midfielder which we haven't got would be my choice.
shawnsheep
Senior squad member

Baz 13 Aug 2017 12:52 pm said..

Unbelievable!!!! Like kids sometimes. No matter how often you say something someone always misses the point. Look below, a direct statement from DH after Ruan was signed. Very close is NOT complete. Just make things up to suit your own agenda why don't you. :shock: WE WILL BE MAKING OTHER SIGNINGS

Humphreys also said that the club are ‘very close’ to completing their squad for next season and that they are waiting on the arrival of Johan Ackermann before deciding on a new captain.
Baz
Hall of Famer

MartynWestBerks 13 Aug 2017 12:59 pm said..

Baz wrote:Unbelievable!!!! Like kids sometimes. No matter how often you say something someone always misses the point. Look below, a direct statement from DH after Ruan was signed. Very close is NOT complete. Just make things up to suit your own agenda why don't you. :shock: WE WILL BE MAKING OTHER SIGNINGS

Humphreys also said that the club are ‘very close’ to completing their squad for next season and that they are waiting on the arrival of Johan Ackermann before deciding on a new captain.

+1
I blame the education system understanding English, coupled with keyboard critics doing the talking before brains engaged!
MartynWestBerks
Vice-Captain

steckers 13 Aug 2017 13:20 pm said..

Personally, I would prefer them to bring a few more younger players through. I am expecting this season to be the first in a new chapter - I don't think we will get much higher than mid-table so there is no better time to develop some of the younger players with first team playing time.
steckers
Hall of Famer

shawnsheep 13 Aug 2017 13:25 pm said..

Not doubting there will be other signings it's the quality i am more interested in
shawnsheep
Senior squad member

Glen Sannox 13 Aug 2017 13:36 pm said..

I would have thought that 39 wasn't far off being 'around 40'! At least, it is in my universe!

The Japanese season finishes in early Jan, that would allow anyone coming to play half of our campaign....just a thought
Last edited by Glen Sannox on 13 Aug 2017 14:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
On the board

Simmo468 13 Aug 2017 13:55 pm said..

shawnsheep wrote:Not doubting there will be other signings it's the quality i am more interested in

Would rather some solid grafters or youngsters with potential than a "Stella" ex international on a downwards curve. Been there done that too many times.
Simmo468
On the board

shawnsheep 13 Aug 2017 14:03 pm said..

How about a stellar international on an upward curve, don't think we have done that too many times.

We have loads of grafters, then tend to get us in 9th position.
shawnsheep
Senior squad member

Simmo468 13 Aug 2017 14:17 pm said..

shawnsheep wrote:How about a stellar international on an upward curve, don't think we have done that too many times.

We have loads of grafters, then tend to get us in 9th position.

Yeah but most of those grafters haven't really been up to the standard. Until recently some of our squad would have bearly made championships standard.
Simmo468
On the board

Gloucester Mute 13 Aug 2017 16:11 pm said..

Bit harsh !! ;) Plus very damning of the GR management if you really think that.

IMVHO the squad has always had Premiership potential and certainly been on good Premiership wages. They have just failed to play to Premiership standards on a consistent basis. To say "some would have "barely (sp) made Championship standard" is sweeping, ignorant and massively over-critical.

I would just like to see the AP season start !! Thoroughly bored of RTS2's repetitive comments and Baz's know-it-all/insider pomposity......

I remember the days when SW was lovely and quiet for all of July and August. Now everyone is a bleedin' expert !! :( :(
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
Posts: 902  Location: Dursley - At the heart of the County
Gloucester Mute
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion