Harlequins OGT

Re: Harlequins OGT

caldiglaws 16 Apr 2018 10:04 am said..

I think a home kit of cherry shirt with white hoops and an away kit of white shirt with cherry hoops would work best
caldiglaws
Vice-Captain

Asgard 16 Apr 2018 10:17 am said..

Pieman wrote:It's to do with clashes with the opposite teams, and I believe the ref on the day has some say about it.
Quins shorts have a dark patch on the left hand side, and ours would have been dark all over.

If at the bottom of a ruck, the ref can't instantly tell the difference, some one has to change.

Our distinctive cherry and white hoops, actually doesn't help alternate shirt sales... We rarely have to play in anything else in the premiership... so no need for a distinctively different away shirt.

My friend told me of a trick used by Bumps Carpenter, a Gloucester & Cinderford legend who towards the end of his rugby playing days used to turn up with a small brown suitcase filled with an assortment of different coloured rugby socks. He would find out what the opposition was wearing and select a pair from his suitcase to match. He never ever got pinged for "foot up" by the ref(when foot up was policed!) and got away with many more indiscretions to boot.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Lurker 16 Apr 2018 12:29 pm said..

caldiglaws wrote:I think a home kit of cherry shirt with white hoops and an away kit of white shirt with cherry hoops would work best

:D
Lurker
Hall of Famer

The Vic 16 Apr 2018 13:43 pm said..

Having watched the game now, I thought Woodward was outstanding. He's a threat every time he's running with the ball, very enjoyable to watch. I thought Slater had a great game as did the back row. We seem to make simple errors, and it fortunately didn't cost us in this game because Quins were also making similar errors. Braley was very consistent and managed the game well, they seemed to fear Velacott. It was a good performance, at some point we are going to cut the errors and put 50 on a side
The Vic
Hall of Famer

Longwayhome 16 Apr 2018 13:53 pm said..

The Vic wrote:......., at some point we are going to cut the errors and put 50 on a side

28th April would be a good time :D
Longwayhome
Vice-Captain

ElverEater 16 Apr 2018 15:02 pm said..

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/ne ... 14-combine

Great to see Twelvetrees in the Sky Sports Team of the Week. I think Slater should get a mention, not least because of his great punt from our 22 to 22 their 5m line, which ultimately set up Polledri's try, but also his great leadership and consistent work rate.
ElverEater
Vice-Captain

ShedOrDead 16 Apr 2018 15:31 pm said..

ElverEater wrote:http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union/news/12321/11332417/team-of-the-week-best-of-pro14-premiership-super-rugby-and-top-14-combine

Great to see Twelvetrees in the Sky Sports Team of the Week. I think Slater should get a mention, not least because of his great punt from our 22 to 22 their 5m line, which ultimately set up Polledri's try, but also his great leadership and consistent work rate.

You beat me too it! No mean achievement either as it's a 'combined' TotW, covering Prem, Pro14, Top14 and Super Rugby.

36 also made the Toryfart's TotW, along with Atkinson and Polledri (Paywall):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union ... -round-20/
ShedOrDead
Senior squad member

robs1 16 Apr 2018 19:54 pm said..

I know not everything went to hand but I have just looked at the highlights and when you look at the tries we scored its easy to see how much better we are than last year, the passing, the lines we are running are improving,yes there is more to come but the body language of the players is saying we are enjoying playing in this team , just a shame about the newks result or we could have had a shot at the top four
robs1
Hall of Famer

Still Realistic 16 Apr 2018 22:07 pm said..

As many have already observed, when we finally click for 80 mins someone is going to get a pasting. As much as I would love it to be Barf I suspect it will be sometime next season. Top 6 and maybe the Challenge Cup would be significant progress but we still have a long way to go. Remember Exeter.
Still Realistic
Hall of Famer

lucifer 16 Apr 2018 22:51 pm said..

And now no team can double us this season.
lucifer
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby