Poll ended at 30 Jun 2018 18:06 pm

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes : 74

Re: Soccer World Cup is it coming home?

Not1eyed 12 Jul 2018 17:35 pm said..

Gloucester didn’t win the challenge cup.
I agree with both sides of this. England played 2 good sides and lost but I feel they conducted themselves very well and seemed much happier to engage with the fans. It’s an Ok start for Southgate for me, just like JA at Glos last season. Onwards and upwards
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Sheddy Mcshedface 12 Jul 2018 18:11 pm said..

2014-15 we did.
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

lucifer 12 Jul 2018 18:27 pm said..

Basically we got lucky with the draw. Against good opposition we weren’t good enough. To get to the SF definitely flattered us in terms of suggesting we are a top 4 in the world side.
lucifer
Hero in the making

PeterD 12 Jul 2018 20:01 pm said..

The England game last night bore a striking resemblance to our challenge Cup final defeat. Both should have been out of sight in first half but allowed their opponents back into the game and ultimately lost. Both teams show promise for the future.

It would be very expensive watching rugby if you chucked a pint of beer over each other everytime Gloucester scored a try.
PeterD
Hall of Famer

glawsteruk 12 Jul 2018 20:16 pm said..

Can we please just acknowledge that it was a great effort from a young team led by a far more likeable and inspiring coach than our current rugby incumbent. Yes, the draw was in our favour - can't imagine we'll complain if RWC follows a similar patterm.
glawsteruk
Senior squad member

ROLLO 12 Jul 2018 20:38 pm said..

I never thought that I would say this but I think that this England team and manager has given us the benchmark of how players and coaches of all sports should perform in public utterances.
ROLLO
On the board

Lebowski 12 Jul 2018 21:09 pm said..

Quite agree ROLLO. Southgate conducts himself impecably, unlike the childish antics of our national rugby coach.
Lebowski

London Shed Head 12 Jul 2018 21:57 pm said..

Lebowski wrote:Quite agree ROLLO. Southgate conducts himself impecably, unlike the childish antics of our national rugby coach.

Get rid of him (EJ) and employ Rob Baxter. English, very competent coach, and talks an amazing amount of sense. What's not to like?
London Shed Head
Hero in the making

mjad 13 Jul 2018 05:24 am said..

ROLLO wrote:I never thought that I would say this but I think that this England team and manager has given us the benchmark of how players and coaches of all sports should perform in public utterances.

Agree, also he's got a squad based on wanting to play for the team rather than being look at me, I'm the star here. Along with, the squad have the right mentality off the pitch, no stories in the press about their antics in bars & clubs or pictures of the wags. The main story was the increase in popularity of waistcoats.
Regards
Michael
mjad
Hero in the making

King Prawn Bhuna 13 Jul 2018 07:13 am said..

London Shed Head wrote:
Lebowski wrote:Quite agree ROLLO. Southgate conducts himself impecably, unlike the childish antics of our national rugby coach.

Get rid of him (EJ) and employ Rob Baxter. English, very competent coach, and talks an amazing amount of sense. What's not to like?

+1 The sooner the better...him or Dean Richards, as for the the soccer thing it was the team of my nation that reached the last 4 of a World Cup, they went to Russia with no great expectations and didn't disappoint.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Previous

Return to Gloucester Rugby