You're the TMO

Re: You're the TMO

Not1eyed 08 Feb 2019 16:09 pm said..

I don’t agree with the answer to the 1st video.
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

Geoffy 08 Feb 2019 17:41 pm said..

I love the concept of Shedwebbers moaning about their own refereeing - a bit like Vivian in "The Young Ones" kicking his own severed head down the railway track.
Geoffy
Vice-Captain

Tumpy+1 08 Feb 2019 18:48 pm said..

Beddis wrote:That worked for me Dave, I got 8 in total, one law I wasn’t aware of (!) and another that I couldn’t really see because the angles were wrong in the replay I watched

Still, I’m sure Mutey has me down for a minus score :mrgreen:

I got one wrong regarding a law I didn't know. It seemed strange to me that …………….. oh, wait a minute ….. don't tell others the answer :D
Officially 'Happy Clappy'
Tumpy+1
Hero in the making

Number8 08 Feb 2019 20:44 pm said..

Try doing it with 15000 people offering and advice :D
Number8
Vice-Captain

Castle Grim Reaper 11 Feb 2019 10:24 am said..

An interesting one on Saturday, when the Scots kicked through and it was pushed back over the line and touched down by the Irish, Poite went upstairs as he wasn't sure how to re-start the game, he did not ask 'try or no try' or 'any reason why I cannot award a try'. The fourth official drew his attention to an earlier knock-on and a scrum was given to the Irish on about the halfway line.

As the fourth official was not asked about a potential try, I was of the belief that he could not intervene for a knock-on, he should have been looking at whether it was carried over or not. The correct decision would have been a five yard scrum, attacking ball, Ireland got possession on the half way line and a big favour there.
Castle Grim Reaper
Hall of Famer

Maxshedhead 11 Feb 2019 14:19 pm said..

A genuine 10/10 which means I can sing, "You don't know what you're doing with impunity!"
Maxshedhead
Vice-Captain

JamesK 11 Feb 2019 15:20 pm said..

I was left wondering if I should allow the game to continue with only three players on each side. I assume there had been an almighty punch up earlier with 12 players from each side sent to the bin. ;)

I think the game would have to stop once a scrum is awarded since that requires at least five forwards per side and someone would have to put the ball in. Do the laws state a minimum number of players otherwise?
JamesK
Vice-Captain

GlawsyD 11 Feb 2019 15:53 pm said..

Minimum number of players is 8 on each side, otherwise it's a 7s game.
'He sent his men all over England' - William I Gloucester 1086
GlawsyD
Hall of Famer

Asgard 11 Feb 2019 15:58 pm said..

Not1eyed wrote:I don’t agree with the answer to the 1st video.

Why - deliberately knocked into touch = penalty
Blue player probably would have scored = penalty try

What was your decision?
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Not1eyed 11 Feb 2019 16:14 pm said..

How would he probably have scored? Red player clearly beats him to the ball if he touches down its a 22 drop out. I would say it’s a penalty but not a penalty try
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby