Why no praise for Glaws

Re: Why no praise for Glaws

kingsholmmick 15 Mar 2019 10:43 am said..

3 reasons:
Six nations
The press is London centric
Glaws just aren’t “fashionable”
If quins had battered us like that at the holm the press would be in raptures ...
I find the obsession with the 6n and complete disregard of club rugby very strange until I remember that most people watching the 6n never ever go to a club game.... I once asked a wales fan what club he followed, I don’t think he really understood the concept ! Where would the National teams get players from without the clubs ?
kingsholmmick
Hero in the making

Glen Sannox 15 Mar 2019 10:55 am said..

Why so needy? I've seen lots of praise for that Glaws performance but, you know, it really wouldn't bother me if there hadn't been any. I'll bet you it wouldn't have bothered the players or the coaches either.
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

plod 15 Mar 2019 11:05 am said..

I don’t buy either the “London centric press” or “unfashionable Gloucester” arguments. When the 6N is going club rugby fades into the back ground. I doubt that there are enough reporters to go around.
plod
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 15 Mar 2019 11:16 am said..

Perhaps it's becoming the norm for Gloucester to play good open winning rugby....long may it stay not newsworthy... ;)
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna

Staggy 15 Mar 2019 11:25 am said..

plod wrote:I don’t buy either the “London centric press” or “unfashionable Gloucester” arguments. When the 6N is going club rugby fades into the back ground. I doubt that there are enough reporters to go around.

I know that the Guardian correspondents who would normally get to pretty much every club match are tied up with 6N while it is on, so you are correct.
Staggy
First team regular

PeterD 15 Mar 2019 13:43 pm said..

Its not exactly very far from where England played on Saturday to whete Glaws played on Sunday, although i guess the kick off was a bit too early for them.

By the way i have no problem with us going under the radar.
PeterD
Hall of Famer

stevieb 15 Mar 2019 13:53 pm said..

I have no problem either, but, the BBC Sport headline did bemuse me, it was something like 'In form Quins lose to Gloucester'. Hmm, beating the top 3 in the space of four weeks doesn't classify as 'in form' then?
stevieb
Hall of Famer

lucifer 15 Mar 2019 14:27 pm said..

With a defeat to a (then) relegation threatened Bristol our previous game. Quins were on a roll, I can’t see anything wrong with that description. Apart from a few super optimists no-one saw that result coming.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Staggy 15 Mar 2019 15:55 pm said..

stevieb wrote:I have no problem either, but, the BBC Sport headline did bemuse me, it was something like 'In form Quins lose to Gloucester'. Hmm, beating the top 3 in the space of four weeks doesn't classify as 'in form' then?

Hadn't they won five on the bounce and we had won 2 in 8 before the game. Probably fair headline, although obviously everyone hates us but we don't care. ;)
Staggy
First team regular

Neilio44 16 Mar 2019 03:21 am said..

Fair enough reporting, especially as the 6 Nations is on. Quins have been the form side, by far. I sense a little paranoia on SW
If it's wet, drink it.
Neilio44
Hero in the making
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby