Is Mostert the best player we’ve had in a Glos shirt?

Re: Is Mostert the best player we’ve had in a Glos shirt?

Not1eyed 14 Apr 2019 19:04 pm said..

Courtney Lawes was awesome till injury. I’m basing that on international rugby as well as club rugby.Retallack is also impressive
Not1eyed
Hall of Famer

David 14 Apr 2019 19:19 pm said..

I reckon Mean Mr Mostert is certainly looking to be way up in the Glaws internationals' stratosphere with the legend that is Kamo.
And maybe Boyler. Although, actually, thinking about that one...
So certainly a long way to go before the answer to this thread could be "yes", but Franco must be currently up there with Danny Boy as our MVP.
:D
David
On the board

Gollum 14 Apr 2019 19:35 pm said..

The Saffers would probably rank Etzebeth ahead of him and I'm not sure I wouldn't agree with them. Hell of a player though.
Gollum
First team regular

London Shed Head 15 Apr 2019 22:05 pm said..

I just wonder whether we might be without Franco for our next game. I’m putting 2 and 2 and possibly coming up with 5 but here goes.

Juan-Ri (his wife) is now 36 weeks pregnant and has today tweeted to Franco the following “Go get’em Visas, hubs @FrancoMostert - and hurry home #36weekspregnant “.

This made me wonder whether the mostert family are planning for Juan-Ri to be back in SA to have the baby? And if this is the case then I’m certain that Franco would want to be there (JA would certainly support him being with his family at this time).

So we might be looking at being without him for the Worcester and possibly Newks games? Time for Sav and/or GG to step up?
London Shed Head
Hero in the making

steckers 15 Apr 2019 22:32 pm said..

No I think they are around - nothing to worry about there.
steckers
Hall of Famer

Baz 15 Apr 2019 22:38 pm said..

Surely don’t need visas to go back to South Africa as they have passports for their own Country. Visa required for South Africans coming to the UK though.
That said, he deserves time off and we have cover.
Baz
Hall of Famer

London Shed Head 15 Apr 2019 22:43 pm said..

Baz wrote:Surely don’t need visas to go back to South Africa as they have passports for their own Country. Visa required for South Africans coming to the UK though.
That said, he deserves time off and we have cover.

Baz, I was wondering would they need them to come back to the UK after the baby is born?
They both appear to be in the UK at the moment, was wondering if they are about to travel.
Imagine if baby no2 is a boy, where would they want it born?
I could of course be reading far too much into this!
London Shed Head
Hero in the making

tigerchef 15 Apr 2019 23:58 pm said..

There is a huge elephant in the room. I can easily explain, she is 36 weeks pregnant, so unless the good lady intends to do a very nice trip by car, or can afford a private plane that can fly 8,000 miles, they are going nowhere. Unless of course Mrs M has gone out already and FM is joining her?
tigerchef
On the board

Baylion 16 Apr 2019 04:43 am said..

Gollum wrote:The Saffers would probably rank Etzebeth ahead of him and I'm not sure I wouldn't agree with them. Hell of a player though.

Etzebeth is a #4.

Many Saffers, however, believe that Mostert ranks behind Lood de Jager and RG Snyman at #5

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/2019-boks-mostert-may-have-work-cut-out-20190415

Sous is a workhorse though and seemingly unbreakable and the Lions are struggling this year without him in the pack
Baylion
Hero in the making

ShedOrDead 16 Apr 2019 05:27 am said..

Baylion wrote:Many Saffers, however, believe that Mostert ranks behind Lood de Jager and RG Snyman at #5

Yes, that certainly seems to be a quite common opinion across Bokke fans I have spoken to: the sense that Mostert only took the #5 temporarily while LdJ was injured and will need to give it back soon. The only thing this seems to be based on is the sense that Mostert is fairly new to international rugby and LdJ has been-there-done-that a bit more, I am yet to hear a solid rugby argument for LdJ over Mostert currently from anyone and from the Super Rugby I've watched over the last few years I cannot see how Sous would be the premier Bokke #5.

I would be very interested to read what you know of why either of the two you mention should be preferred at #5.

But... Etzebeth/Mostert/LdJ/Snyman... nice problem to have, Rassie!
ShedOrDead
On the board
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby