Rumours

Re: Rumours

timrob1969 30 Jun 2020 08:07 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:
simple84 wrote:This is quite an interesting breakdown of player movements:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _transfers

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

You could build a fairly competitive squad from the ‘released’ list. Tough times for many of them I fear.

Looks like Ealing Trailfinders mean some serious business.
timrob1969
Senior squad member

Steve M 30 Jun 2020 09:11 am said..

timrob1969 wrote:Looks like Ealing Trailfinders mean some serious business.

Waste of time and money if they get 'ring-fenced' out though ...
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Steve M
Hall of Famer

Allez Glaws 30 Jun 2020 09:18 am said..

Steve M wrote:

Or they realise they need to make a rapid case to become the 14th Premiership team.
Can't see it given the tiny crowds they get though
Allez Glaws
On the board

James J 30 Jun 2020 09:21 am said..

Lebowski wrote:If Gloucester signed Bateman (same as any other signing I suspect) it would be on a salary Gloucester can afford. It wouldn’t be related to what he is on at Leicester. What he is being paid at Leicester, and refusing to take a cut on, may well be significantly less than we’re paying Balmain, Hohneck or VRR for example. I’d have thought that was obvious but apparently not.

Was very much thinking the same!
James J
Vice-Captain

lucifer 30 Jun 2020 09:25 am said..

Allez Glaws wrote:
Steve M wrote:

Or they realise they need to make a rapid case to become the 14th Premiership team.
Can't see it given the tiny crowds they get though

I think they get about 1,500 or so usually, but....if they got into the premiership they've got a huge potential catchment area to substantially increase that number.
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Asgard 30 Jun 2020 09:38 am said..

They wish! The total number attending Ealing Trailfinders this season (6 games) was 5,415. The average crowd was 903 boosted by the 1,950 who went to watch the Newcastle game. The ground capacity is 3,900.
Asgard
Hall of Famer

Russglos 30 Jun 2020 09:40 am said..

James J wrote:
Lebowski wrote:If Gloucester signed Bateman (same as any other signing I suspect) it would be on a salary Gloucester can afford. It wouldn’t be related to what he is on at Leicester. What he is being paid at Leicester, and refusing to take a cut on, may well be significantly less than we’re paying Balmain, Hohneck or VRR for example. I’d have thought that was obvious but apparently not.

Was very much thinking the same!

Leicester have always made a thing about how surprised people would be by what their players are paid in comparison to other clubs. Pride in the jersey and all that. Probably comes with the necessity of a hefty pinch of salt but then, who knows. Mr May came back.
Russglos
Hero in the making

Sheddy Mcshedface 30 Jun 2020 09:52 am said..

Clive's Pants wrote:
simple84 wrote:This is quite an interesting breakdown of player movements:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... _transfers

Apologies if posted elsewhere.

You could build a fairly competitive squad from the ‘released’ list. Tough times for many of them I fear.

Of the released list Matt Garvey and Ben Glynn seem obvious choices to come. In and fill out the second row options.

Garvey comes with a lot of experience and presumably living locally would be beneficial to him, has the added bonus of annoying the Bath fans to see another one of theirs end up in Cherry and White a la Banahan.

Glynn is a product of Old Pats so you would like to think he would be motivated to turn out for us and seeing someone come from local rugby to wear the shirt is always positive.

Assuming Grobler and Slater are now 1st choice lock pairing with Craig developing nicely this seems like a sensible, affordable approach to giving us some depth in an area that every man and his dog can see we need to strengthen.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer

Face 30 Jun 2020 10:15 am said..

Sheddy, I was thinking the same ref Garvey. We just need someone solid, dependable and affordable to be a '4th' lock. There must be a few coming into the market who would be happy for reasonable pay and happy to be a 1st team squad member.
Face
Senior squad member

Sheddy Mcshedface 30 Jun 2020 10:16 am said..

Steve M wrote:

My understanding is that whilst the chap who owns Ealing is a big supporter his children aren't so if/when he is no longer around their might not the same enthusiasm to support the project of turning them into a premiership side.
Keyser Sose
Sheddy Mcshedface
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby