Hall of Famer

Re: Rumours

23 Feb 2021 11:06 am:

JimKRFC, you are correct - it was before Lam's time
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

23 Feb 2021 11:16 am:

gmorgan131285 wrote:Willi Heinz to Wuss (Rugby Paper)

If this is a joke then well done. Made I larf! :lol:
Keyser Sose
Hero in the making

23 Feb 2021 11:18 am:

steckers wrote:...
The key to a longer term strategy is whether the supporters have the patience for it? In all my experiences at Kingsholm, Shedweb and social media - I doubt that will be the case.

Interesting thought Steckers. I have long wondered if Gloucester Rugby supporters have been part of the problem with "culture" at the club. Over the years we have had very high expectations, which in some respects were completely unrealistic, and may have influenced, perhaps unconsciously, how the coaches planned. Quick gains rather than the longer term view.
I take a more optimistic view that the supporters will be able to adapt to a more patient stance. I suspect that GS, LB and AB will be more strong minded that we are in for a longer haul.
Lebowski, a very reasoned and erudite post and with which I agree, especially about DH, who has been vilified by some posters, with little justification, as far as I remember. The other issue at the time of LF, was that DH had to do all the post match interviews - he never looked comfortable.
DavidSillince, the slopes of Mayhill.
Vice-Captain

23 Feb 2021 11:23 am:

What was mentioned above was 'do the supporters have the patience for it'.

I'd agree that perhaps we collectively don't, but I think that's why Lance has been pointing out that we are actually the 9th best team, (7.5 if you include the exception season we had). When you consider the caliber of players that we had been importing, it is clear to me that we have not been performing to the cost of the squad.

We can't keep doing the same thing. Swapping coaches every 2-3 seasons, start re-building a squad, buying in the best fit mercenaries that we can find and hoping for the best. It just has not worked. (There are obvious exceptions to this rule)

The successful sides are built on cohesion over a long period of time.

Unless we give ourselves a chance to do that, It is not going to happen.

So we, as fans need to be realistic. Not pessimistic or optimistic, and support the club in a way that will help the team. In terms of doing our bit, that's is about as much as we can do!
Hero in the making

23 Feb 2021 11:29 am:

Sheddy Mcshedface wrote:
gmorgan131285 wrote:Willi Heinz to Wuss (Rugby Paper)

If this is a joke then well done. Made I larf! :lol:

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/331345/release-clause-lets-willi-heinz-quit-gloucester-for-rivals/
Hall of Famer

23 Feb 2021 11:35 am:

:lol: finger on the pulse gmorgan
(see previous pages!)
Hall of Famer

23 Feb 2021 11:45 am:

The glory years 1964-1979. The news robbed many of posting on their year of birth :D
The frightening thing is not dying, the frightening thing is not living
Hall of Famer

23 Feb 2021 12:03 pm:

I know gmorg, it's just that the 23 previous pages of the thread are pretty much dedicated to the topic. Assumed it was dry humour! ;)
Keyser Sose
Hall of Famer

23 Feb 2021 12:37 pm:

I fear not....... :roll: :roll:
Nothing wrong with free speech or having an opinion - as long as it matches mine !!
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby