Squad availability for Northampton

Hall of Famer

Re: Squad availability for Northampton

14 Sep 2021 17:13 pm:

Lebowski wrote:If he ever sounded (or indeed was) as negative about anything as some on here I’d be worried.

I think we all would be. It's the coach's job to project confidence.
Hall of Famer

14 Sep 2021 17:53 pm:

Well, last season on a couple of occasions he commented that we had a worryingly long injury list.

Ollie Thorley said that his sprint times are the best they’ve ever been - that’s encouraging
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

14 Sep 2021 18:15 pm:

I'm sure we all hope that a few of these players are back fit for Saturday. I think it explains the selection last weekend.
Hall of Famer

14 Sep 2021 18:44 pm:

Site Admin

14 Sep 2021 18:45 pm:

I do hope this is a kind of comeback season for OT, let the selectors know that JM and LRZ aren’t the only ones to watch in the squad.
Let’s hope he gets chance to use that speed, as it will get him scores, and do his confidence the world of good.
Hopefully, this text should be smaller and less prominent than the words above it...
Hall of Famer

15 Sep 2021 06:52 am:

+1.
They don’t like it up ‘em.
Hall of Famer

15 Sep 2021 07:00 am:

He was asked whether he thought of himself as purely a winger, and remarked that he was big enough and physical enough for the back row! From memory I think he said he was a stone and a half heavier than May. However, he then said that he considered himself a winger.
Cherchez la truffe
Hall of Famer

15 Sep 2021 07:34 am:

colinboag wrote: From memory I think he said he was a stone and a half heavier than May.

I am surprised by that as I thought OT had lost a load of weight since last season. When I saw him in the home Ealing match I didnt even recognise him.
The only problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you have finished.
Hall of Famer

15 Sep 2021 07:44 am:

So my best guess would be something along the lines of this. Quite a few of these players are interchangeable, e.g. Clement for Conradie, Chapman for Varney etc:

1. VRR (JFR if injured, Elrington if JFR injured); 2. Singleton; 3. Balmain; 4. Slater; 5. Davidson (Britton if injured); 6. Reid; 7. Ludlow (c); 8. Morgan; 9. Meehan; 10. Hastings; 11. May; 12. Atkinson; 13. Kvesladze; 14. Thorley; 15. Moyle.

16. Walker; 17. JFR (Elrington if VRR injured, Seville if JFR injured); 18. Gotovtsev; 19. Britton (Clarke if Davidson injured); 20. Conradie; 21. Varney; 22. Evans; 23. Woodward.
Vice-Captain

15 Sep 2021 08:23 am:

TP17 wrote:So my best guess would be something along the lines of this. Quite a few of these players are interchangeable, e.g. Clement for Conradie, Chapman for Varney etc:

1. VRR (JFR if injured, Elrington if JFR injured); 2. Singleton; 3. Balmain; 4. Slater; 5. Davidson (Britton if injured); 6. Reid; 7. Ludlow (c); 8. Morgan; 9. Meehan; 10. Hastings; 11. May; 12. Atkinson; 13. Kvesladze; 14. Thorley; 15. Moyle.

16. Walker; 17. JFR (Elrington if VRR injured, Seville if JFR injured); 18. Gotovtsev; 19. Britton (Clarke if Davidson injured); 20. Conradie; 21. Varney; 22. Evans; 23. Woodward.

Seems spot on to me, although I think we are likely to see 36 starting at 13 over Kveso! But I agree we should be starting him to see what he has to offer in a run of games.
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby