It is that bad

It is that bad

Baz 20 Nov 2019 01:36 am said..

I think this start to the season has been dreadful. Two wins and one of those against an under strength Wasps team and a joke of a performance at Leicester should have alerted us to the fact that issues should have been resolved from last seasons Semi final defeat by Saracens. 4 times we have lost at home this season already.We should have progressed from last season but instead we have gone backwards. Unlike others I value all Gloucester games and we are currently 2 wins from 9 and we are still accepting this.It’s about time as supporters,we woke up to the fact that an under performing scrum and a broken lineout is not being fixed by lame excuses every week. Gloucester supporters deserve far more than they are currently getting and if we are honest, despite the excellent effort from some, too many players are coasting.
Even without a scrummaging tight head and a lack of locks we should be better than 2 from 9. There is a lot of talent in this squad but it is way down on the performances from last season. A rocket is required, it’s gone past understanding and constructive advice.
No doubt hundreds, if not a thousand or so will be in Montpellier this weekend. Of course we travel for the laughs and comradeship as well as the game but we expect our team to perform as well. I really hope our great supporters get the performance they deserve this weekend, because 2 from 10 is not looking good despite some seeing positives this season.
Baz
Hall of Famer

Re: It is that bad

Porky 20 Nov 2019 07:23 am said..

Baz, 'ave a word with yourself, mate :shock:
Time you enjoy wasting is never wasted.
Porky
Hall of Famer

Glen Sannox 20 Nov 2019 07:42 am said..

I take some encouragement from the progress made with the scrum last weekend, and it will be interesting to see whether similar good work can be done quickly on the line-out. That said, it looks as though the longest pre-season ever was handled really badly. What were they doing?
Cherchez la truffe
Glen Sannox
Hall of Famer

foresterinyorks 20 Nov 2019 08:14 am said..

Cheer up Baz. All is not lost. And the bookies still love us. Enjoy your hols.
Never Stay Down.
foresterinyorks
Hall of Famer

TOBIAS 20 Nov 2019 08:48 am said..

Exeter have front row probs so what did they do - sign a class stand in
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

Gb83 20 Nov 2019 09:06 am said..

TOBIAS wrote:Exeter have front row probs so what did they do - sign a class stand in

Maybe we haven’t got the cash to do so?

A new training ground is going to cost substantial amounts of money especially when land is at a premium.
Gb83
Hall of Famer

Herefordpropforward 20 Nov 2019 09:09 am said..

Baz says in a more forthright way what I have been trying to hint at for a while. Where is the the iron hand in the velvet glove? The rot needs to stop quickly.
West is best
Herefordpropforward
Hero in the making

TOBIAS 20 Nov 2019 09:27 am said..

Well if cash is the problem it must have been a massive rumour about signing the beast.
TOBIAS
Hero in the making

stevieb 20 Nov 2019 09:45 am said..

7 defeats from 9.

4 in a cup that no one cares about and where Glos mostly played a second xv
1 against the French champions
1 against the English champions
1 away to Leicester

Yes of course we'd like Glos to be beating the champion teams, but first goal is perhaps to be 'best of the rest'?
stevieb
Hall of Famer

King Prawn Bhuna 20 Nov 2019 09:56 am said..

Baz is being a bit dramatic with (20 percent), I don't think the Premiership Cup counts....you may as well include academy and United games, in my world we've won two and lost the last three (40 percent) and apart from the lineout it was a good performance last week.

Looking at the Montpellier squad....we will really have to click and get our act together or else it will be lost the four.
Here's to the nights I'll never remember with the friends I'll never forget...
King Prawn Bhuna
Next

Return to Gloucester Rugby