It is that bad

Re: It is that bad

James J 22 Nov 2019 12:15 pm said..

covglaws wrote:
Theotherjonny wrote:I have probably missed this in all of the Sarries/We Are Rubbish hype at the moment, apologies, but can anyone tell me what is going on with Owen Williams please? :?:

Almost forgotten about him. Last season it was GG, this season maybe its OWs turn on the naughty step. :shock:


He’s had a long term achilles injury and is currently rehabbing. It’s not as if the club have covered that up!
Posts: 405
James J
Vice-Captain

Re: It is that bad

covglaws 22 Nov 2019 12:27 pm said..

I'm sure they haven't. Just that I thought he was mended a while ago. When they're out for a while, they're off the radar, at least for me.

My earlier comment was with tongue firmly planted in cheek BTW.
Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems. - Homer Simpson.
Posts: 1694  Location: Sent to Coventry - Well someone's got to live here!
covglaws
Hall of Famer

Re: It is that bad

lucifer 22 Nov 2019 14:33 pm said..

When did he last play for us? Seems an age ago.
Posts: 1197
lucifer
Hall of Famer

Re: It is that bad

shedwebber 22 Nov 2019 19:13 pm said..

I think playing him at 12 if he is ever available, would be good alongside DC on a fast pitch. If he his out of contract at the end of the season then surely we would be signing someone else in such a pivotal position. Rumoured to be on £440 k per annum so unfortunately, we have not seen enough of him to see the contract extended. Definitely re-sign Marshall and if there was ever a time for Lloyd Evans to put in a shift.....
Éire go Brách!
Posts: 723
User avatar
shedwebber
Hero in the making

Re: It is that bad

Peanutcoxy 22 Nov 2019 19:23 pm said..

shedwebber wrote:I think playing him at 12 if he is ever available, would be good alongside DC on a fast pitch. If he his out of contract at the end of the season then surely we would be signing someone else in such a pivotal position. Rumoured to be on £440 k per annum so unfortunately, we have not seen enough of him to see the contract extended. Definitely re-sign Marshall and if there was ever a time for Lloyd Evans to put in a shift.....

Lloyd was excellent in Castres last year
The older I get the faster I was
Posts: 1903  Location: Brockworth
Peanutcoxy
Hall of Famer

Re: It is that bad

Glosteroldboy 22 Nov 2019 19:24 pm said..

shedwebber wrote:I think playing him at 12 if he is ever available, would be good alongside DC on a fast pitch. If he his out of contract at the end of the season then surely we would be signing someone else in such a pivotal position. Rumoured to be on £440 k per annum so unfortunately, we have not seen enough of him to see the contract extended. Definitely re-sign Marshall and if there was ever a time for Lloyd Evans to put in a shift.....


+1. Concise post
Posts: 143  Location: Churchdown - behind the posts....
Glosteroldboy
Senior squad member

Re: It is that bad

Lambpie 23 Nov 2019 09:46 am said..

covglaws wrote:I'm sure they haven't. Just that I thought he was mended a while ago. When they're out for a while, they're off the radar, at least for me.

My earlier comment was with tongue firmly planted in cheek BTW.

At the forum the other week they said that he had a set back in his recovery which meant a few more weeks (can't remember how many) have been added to his unavailability
Last edited by Lambpie on 23 Nov 2019 20:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Posts: 530
User avatar
Lambpie
Hero in the making

Re: It is that bad

hairyglaws 23 Nov 2019 17:50 pm said..

Unfortunately with that perceived salary and his injury record,OW has to go for me.
Lloyd Evans all the way now

Harsh, but modern rugby,some are made of glass, n some ain't
Posts: 759  Location: Inverness, Durz match weekends
hairyglaws
On the board

Re: It is that bad

JC 24 Nov 2019 16:16 pm said..

Original Tetley wrote:R2D2 you seem to be saying we need to sign 6 new players. Let's be realistic - plus when the weather improves we'll be much more of a handful. Also take issue with the need for a better 3rd choice scrum half. When Willie is back he and Joe will be as strong a pair of 9s as there is in the league. I doubt many will have as strong a 3rd choice as Braley - that's before we consider Chapman who looks very tidy to me. At 9 we're just fine. A top level prop, ideally tight head, is all I really want - plus Hanson to get back asap.

Cips hasn't set the world on fire yet this season but he's not had much decent ball and the weather hasn't helped him find any rhythm. Patience on that one.

I don't share the general pessimism of this thread. Yes we have some work ons and yes we were crap against Tigers & Sarries, but it's not as bad as some make out IMO.


Well said OT. After a few bad results it’s always a case of bring in other better players. I don’t share the pessimism either when we’re missing Heinz, Mostert, Slater and others. And it’s still early doors in the season.
Posts: 474  Location: North County Dublin, via The Longlevens Hood, Castle Grim and Old Richians...
JC
Vice-Captain

Re: It is that bad

RTS2 24 Nov 2019 19:47 pm said..

JC wrote:
Original Tetley wrote:R2D2 you seem to be saying we need to sign 6 new players. Let's be realistic - plus when the weather improves we'll be much more of a handful. Also take issue with the need for a better 3rd choice scrum half. When Willie is back he and Joe will be as strong a pair of 9s as there is in the league. I doubt many will have as strong a 3rd choice as Braley - that's before we consider Chapman who looks very tidy to me. At 9 we're just fine. A top level prop, ideally tight head, is all I really want - plus Hanson to get back asap.

Cips hasn't set the world on fire yet this season but he's not had much decent ball and the weather hasn't helped him find any rhythm. Patience on that one.

I don't share the general pessimism of this thread. Yes we have some work ons and yes we were crap against Tigers & Sarries, but it's not as bad as some make out IMO.


Well said OT. After a few bad results it’s always a case of bring in other better players. I don’t share the pessimism either when we’re missing Heinz, Mostert, Slater and others. And it’s still early doors in the season.


Just for the record JC and OT I haven't been negative about the season start and even suggested ( against the general run of comments on here, that we were going to Montpellier to win. OK we just came short ; but it was a great fight back. My only comment which some might find negative is an opinion that we need to recruit 6 new players in various positions. I don't see that as being pessimistic ; but moreover realistic for next season and indeed believe that is exactly what will happen !. I agree and have said on this thread already it is too early to start to panic. Today was a step-up and a step in the right direction . A win next week will steady the ship even more.
Posts: 4138
RTS2
Hall of Famer
PreviousNext

Return to Gloucester Rugby

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Craig, Forrester, glawsjohn, Google [Bot], Ken Burney and 44 guests